Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
"Schadenfreude" is another foreign word that has no direct translation.

Port Adelaide supporters were wallowing in it on September 30 2017. :hihi

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
My annual gripe. Fellow Richmond Reserved Seat holders who give/sell their seat to opposition supporters. Last night had 2 Cartoon supporters (who in all fairness were not obnoxious like most of their fellow Cartoon supporters). We pay top $ for a Reserved Seat in a Richmond members area and expect not to have to put up with anyone who supports opposition. If we are unable to use our seats we would always lend/give them to fellow Tigers but would never give them to opposition supporters.

Just my 10 cents worth!

T44

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Tiger44 said:
My annual gripe. Fellow Richmond Reserved Seat holders who give/sell their seat to opposition supporters. Last night had 2 Cartoon supporters (who in all fairness were not obnoxious like most of their fellow Cartoon supporters). We pay top $ for a Reserved Seat in a Richmond members area and expect not to have to put up with anyone who supports opposition. If we are unable to use our seats we would always lend/give them to fellow Tigers but would never give them to opposition supporters.

Just my 10 cents worth!

T44

I like friendly banter between supporters so it never worried me with my seat. Abnoxious supporters from opposition or us is a different matter.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
year of the tiger said:
I like friendly banter between supporters so it never worried me with my seat. Abnoxious supporters from opposition or us is a different matter.

Agree. Part of what makes our game great.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Tiger44 said:

Just my 10 cents worth!

T44

Soft. You sound like a whingeing aussie cricketer. I'd rather sit with the opposition, especially now that we are seriously good. Last night was great in that I always felt we would win. Th Carlton fans around us were up and about but even they knew what was gonna happen. It was great.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
MD Jazz said:
Soft. You sound like a whingeing aussie cricketer. I'd rather sit with the opposition, especially now that we are seriously good. Last night was great in that I always felt we would win. Th Carlton fans around us were up and about but even they knew what was gonna happen. It was great.

Carlton last night was like we used to be for years and years. We'd come out firing or have a good patch in a game and look like we might upset a top side, and we'd all fire right up while we could, but we mostly didn't, but now we are the top side, Bloody ripper.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Sticky labels stuck on fresh fruit.

You now just about need a stanley knife to take them off apples now that the glue on the labels has been upgraded to industrial strength.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigersnake said:
Carlton last night was like we used to be for years and years. We'd come out firing or have a good patch in a game and look like we might upset a top side, and we'd all fire right up while we could, but we mostly didn't, but now we are the top side, Bloody ripper.

Yeh, its like the reverse of everything we have known. Its almost like the collective pessimism of the crowd influences the game. At 5 goals up there was no abuse from the Carlton mob, no rubbing it in. They were almost quiet, as if they knew. I never thought we would lose at any stage. It is great.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
TigerForce said:
Tattersalls. Greedy bastards. Changes to Powerball makes it harder to win Div 2 at least.

Yes greedy bastards indeed. Did you know that the founder of Tatts George Adams died childless in the early 1900s and set up a secretive family trust where the profits, and the numbers of his descendents (started with 1 nephew), just keep growing and rolling along. 2500 at last count, all multi-millionaires who have never worked a day in their life, and neither did any of their parents, and even grandparents. The secrecy, wealth and lack of purpose has fried most of their brains though, a lot of them are crazy cult members and conspiracy theorists.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigersnake said:
Yes greedy bastards indeed. Did you know that the founder of Tatts George Adams died childless in the early 1900s and set up a secretive family trust where the profits, and the numbers of his descendents (started with 1 nephew), just keep growing and rolling along. 2500 at last count, all multi-millionaires who have never worked a day in their life, and neither did any of their parents, and even grandparents. The secrecy, wealth and lack of purpose has fried most of their brains though, a lot of them are crazy cult members and conspiracy theorists.

Just as bad as kids selling their parent's business when they die.

Changes to Oz Lotto made it worse, now this.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
MD Jazz said:
Yeh, its like the reverse of everything we have known. Its almost like the collective pessimism of the crowd influences the game. At 5 goals up there was no abuse from the Carlton mob, no rubbing it in. They were almost quiet, as if they knew. I never thought we would lose at any stage. It is great.

I remember in 1985 when we played the Druggies at Windy Hill in R1 where they unfurled their premiership flag. Our team consisted of doyens of the game such as David Simpson, Darryl Vernon, and Peter Francis (also Maurice Rioli, Flea, General, Disco, Ghost, Rowlings). We came out and kicked the first 4 or 5 goals, and the ground was totally silent. But deep down everyone knew the Druggies would win (they did by 17 points). Still that first 15 minutes was pretty special.

E

easy_tiger

tigersnake said:
The secrecy, wealth and lack of purpose has fried most of their brains though, a lot of them are crazy cult members and conspiracy theorists.

The 'Welcome to Byron Bay' sign

should have 'Tatts Trust Pop. 957' underneath it

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
tigersnake said:
Certainly did something to Martin Bryants mind.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CC TIGER said:
I hadn’t even had my Jeep 24 hrs when some prick backed into at Bunnings and did a runner.

*smile* me no end CC. I have to pay for someone's cause. Too many dumbshit morons on the road that can't even back out properly. Kelloggs driver licence thanks to Prick Roads.