Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Parasite squatting tenants! Got a prick who hasn’t paid his rent for months, has been served his eviction notice but just won’t vacate. Owes $7000 in rent which I’m not gunna see. He’s learnt that in today’s society of no consequences he can just stay. Next step is VCAT which of course takes time and more free rent to this pig.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Parasite squatting tenants! Got a prick who hasn’t paid his rent for months, has been served his eviction notice but just won’t vacate. Owes $7000 in rent which I’m not gunna see. He’s learnt that in today’s society of no consequences he can just stay. Next step is VCAT which of course takes time and more free rent to this pig.
Landlords have got very little rights.

We've just sold our investment house, with the price of insurance, rates and maintenance there's better, less stressful options than buying an investment property.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just went down the road to get the papers. Back street roundabout. Bloke in big SUV just drives straight through, no give way to the right, didn’t even look. Face just planted straight ahead. Not a single ounce of what’s a basic and fundamental driving requirement when entering a roundabout.

Lucky I was attentive and had time to jump on the brakes. I could see him speeding into the roundabout with zero awareness or care. Defensive driving.

What a ****.

My daughter gets her L's this year. I've been slowly educating her for years about driving. She knows full and well now that the biggest thing for anyone to have on the road is experience to know what other dumbasses are going to do. You almost have to assume every other driver is a complete dumbass as you can then predict people making dumb moves. I've said to her numerous times, "hey I bet this or that will happen" and guess what, almost every time I'm right.

As you say defensive driving is what its all about. I'm a fairly aggressive driver, which you can be if you have your wits about you and can foresee potential collisions about to occur. Unfortunately there are a lot that are aggressive and have no idea how to actually drive.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Landlords have got very little rights.

We've just sold our investment house, with the price of insurance, rates and maintenance there's better, less stressful options than buying an investment property.

Exactly, I’m getting out for all the same reasons.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
My daughter gets her L's this year. I've been slowly educating her for years about driving. She knows full and well now that the biggest thing for anyone to have on the road is experience to know what other dumbasses are going to do. You almost have to assume every other driver is a complete dumbass as you can then predict people making dumb moves. I've said to her numerous times, "hey I bet this or that will happen" and guess what, almost every time I'm right.

As you say defensive driving is what its all about. I'm a fairly aggressive driver, which you can be if you have your wits about you and can foresee potential collisions about to occur. Unfortunately there are a lot that are aggressive and have no idea how to actually drive.

When my daughter was learning she wrote off a car, wasn't her fault. Driving on the Maroondah Hwy a car on the left (I wasn't there, my partner was teaching her) looked like it might come out in front of her, nope, it came out and tried to do a U turn to go the other way, and started the U turn as my daughter was going past. Sometimes even the best drivers can't anticipate the level of stupidity out there. The cop who attended the accident said my daughter's actions, as a learner, likely saved my partner's legs as she did manage to evade as much as she could and had looked ahead to make sure there was nothing coming the other way.

As you say, you can teach them this to some extent by pointing to cars and predicting what they are likely to do. I drove trams many years ago, if you don't anticipate what the cars are going to do when you are driving 40 tonnes with no steering you will hit things, a lot of things. My tram driving teacher would point to cars and tell me what she thought they would do. She was mostly right but occasionally someone would do something so stupid you just couldn't anticipate it. The best one I remember was a car overtaking my tram on the right hand side, ie: the other side of the road, on Hawthorn Rd (1 lane in each direction and lots of small streets entering, this is so dangerous). But, the moron was not very observant, there was a police car right behind them who promptly hit the lights and sirens to give them a fine.

I am very good at reading traffic because I was taught to read traffic. You will do well if you can pass some of this on. I always assume every other driver is an idiot and is about to do something stupid.

I find most drivers intensely annoying: no planning ahead, no awareness, act as if they are the only one on the road etc. There really are a hell of a lot of terrible drivers out there.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
That’s one thing about living in the Middle East. It seems that every 2nd person has a rpg launcher and a bunch of missiles on their backs.
I‘ve been thinking about getting a couple myself. Some bastard gives you the *smile* with their driving, You could just belt one of these at them. Don’t worry about road rage.
I bet the other drivers would improve their bad driving habits quickly. Some of the things they do are just mind boggling.