Luke McGuane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke McGuane

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yeah we all know Luke has his deficiencies blah blah..

but today his efforts in the goal square deserve recognition.
Absolute selflessness and determination to save that goal and almost ended his career in the process.
Luke then bounced up and hit the next contest with equal vigor, almost ending Lollipop Head's career.
It was tremendous stuff and set a real example for his team mates to follow for the rest of the day.

If everyone of our players showed the passion & guts that Luke showed at those particular contests we'd be nigh unbeatable.

If he's upgraded eventually by a better player great but it's obvious he bleeds yellow and black so let's get behind him and leave the cheap shots at the door. Couldn't care less what his knockers say, I unashamedly love this kid's attitude.

Re: Luke McGuane = Guts

There's a reason Luke was selected and Willy T. wasn't.

The man gives it his all for his team every week without fail. Without players like Luke we'd be a lot worse off at the moment.

Tigers of Old said:

Absolute selflessness and determination to save that goal and almost ended his career in the process.
Luke then bounced up and hit the next contest with equal vigor, almost ending Lollipop Head's career.
It was tremendous stuff and set a real example for his team mates to follow for the rest of the day.

If everyone of our players showed the passion & guts that Luke showed at those particular contests we'd be nigh unbeatable.

If he's upgraded eventually by a better player great but it's obvious he bleeds yellow and black so let's get behind him and leave the cheap shots at the door. Couldn't care less what his knockers say, I unashamedly love this kid's attitude.
Well said :clap

jb03 said:
Surely there are other ways to stir evo up.

Sure you can cut your own throat ... but that would be a little bit extreme ::)

putting your body on the line is a sure way to fire up other players........

this bloke makes mistakes but you can GUARANTEE he has a crack week in week out

if the knockers spilt the blood this bloke does the alfred would be full every saturday :grouphug

thats why i want him in the team.
hates getting beat, gives opposition a baastrd of a time, and has a red hot go.
il take that any day of the week, and thats all you can ask!

OK, I'm one of his knockers. In the cold light of day, imo, he is not good enough to hold a key defensive post in the senior team. But, agreed, no-one can question the courage displayed this afternoon not only by Luke, but the team as a whole. Congratulations to every single player who donned the jumper today. Good, old fashioned football. Hard at the contest, body on the line. Proud of every one of them.

I hope it doesnt happen but if he goes to GC17 his currency is going up

Overall gutsy effort by the whole team who put their body on the line in the wet & muddy conditions.

i never knock him..he makes the odd crazy mistake each week..but he is absilutley way better than some here suggest..and a part of the future plan for the tigers, id like to see the states for how many goals get kicked against him each week and i bet its not many

Unbelievable courage to try to stop the goal being injured and then getting up to go the next contest to stop a mark.
:clap :clap

Tigers of Old said:

Agreed ToOheys. Luke really helped set a standard of "no compromise". Well done to him and the team.

*spellcheck*