Mark Viduka | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mark Viduka

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Can I say, I reckon its an absoulute disgrace what Australian Soccer Association (ASA) is trying to do to Mark Viduka.

Viduka is always one of the first international stars that puts his hand up to play for the country.

ASA organise a crappy friendly match which has less importance that a practice match in the AFL off season.

After every thing Viduka has done for Australian soccer, they threaten to go to FIFA has have a five day suspension after Thursday stupid friendly match.

Considering Viduka has spend alittle time in Australia with his sick father, Leeds fighting relagation, its not the best time for Viduka.

He isnt playing at 100% at the moment (did play a game game last week). All ASA is going to do is cause a rift between Leeds, ASA and Viduka.

I guess this is the reason Australian soccer is so crap and people dont want to play for their country. Its due to poor administration that Australian soccer has a shocking qualify route to the world cup.

Why not go after Kewell ??? He always seems to suffer an injury prior to a socceroos match. Very strange indeed.

JPM

Will Richmond ever be the one?
Sep 3, 2003
East Melbourne
nwonash said:
Can I say, I reckon its an absoulute disgrace what Australian Soccer Association (ASA) is trying to do to Mark Viduka.

Viduka is always one of the first international stars that puts his hand up to play for the country.

ASA organise a crappy friendly match which has less importance that a practice match in the AFL off season.

After every thing Viduka has done for Australian soccer, they threaten to go to FIFA has have a five day suspension after Thursday stupid friendly match.

Considering Viduka has spend alittle time in Australia with his sick father, Leeds fighting relagation, its not the best time for Viduka.

He isnt playing at 100% at the moment (did play a game game last week). All ASA is going to do is cause a rift between Leeds, ASA and Viduka.

I guess this is the reason Australian soccer is so crap and people dont want to play for their country. Its due to poor administration that Australian soccer has a shocking qualify route to the world cup.

Why not go after Kewell ??? He always seems to suffer an injury prior to a socceroos match. Very strange indeed.

Right on the money nwonash. And its a 9 hour trip (i think) from England to play in Venezuela and he has just been back from the long haul flight (with emotional stress) from Melbourne. Give the guy a break :mad:

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
nwonash

Totally agree with you. As we say in footy terms.... it gives a chance for a young bloke to have a go. ;D

Viduka would be there if it was a world cup qualifier.

You only get one Dad! so Viduka should be allowed to pass on this game. Have a heart Australian Soccer Officials.

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
Absolutely agree guys. Viduka has been through hell lately and for him to say he will retire from international soccer just says were his mindset is at the moment. If soccer Australia has any balls they will back off and apologise. Sorry for the language. Actually is this O'Neill??from Rugby that has brought this on.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Couldn't agree more guys - Oz soccer is on the nose!

I am not including the players in that statement.

I walked (limped) away from soccer many, many years ago and have never been back. We complain about the AFL but, boy, we have a lot to learn in the art of how not to behave in sport!

We should be proud of our guys who are playing OS - by we, I mean officials as well as the public - instead they are sometimes treated more as . . . I can't think of the word I want to use. Let's just say that there was an opportunity to build on our last appearance in a World Cup and it was wasted, frittered away.

Why not go after Kewell He always seems to suffer an injury prior to a socceroos match. Very strange indeed.

LOL nwonash, it always amuses me when this sort of thing happens. I guess we don't have anything to learn from soccer in that matter. I remember how certain "stars" had these mysterious injuries that excluded them from playing in interstate games yet they were clear to play the following week in home-and-away games.