Match Sim v Melbourne Sunday 18th February - Casey Fields 10am (Foxtel/Kayo) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Match Sim v Melbourne Sunday 18th February - Casey Fields 10am (Foxtel/Kayo)

One thing I definitely dont want to see is the GoDeez running all over the place tomorrow and running the Tigers out of the contest at will as they did last time in the pre season hit out.

Reactions: 3 users
The Dees taking this very seriously :ROFLMAO:

Max Gawn will lead his team out for season number five as captain, joined by the likes of Jack Viney, Christian Petracca and Tom Sparrow in the middle, while defensive duo Jake Lever and Steven May will lead the charge down back. Clayton Oliver is named, man they must be desperate to include him in this match sim lol

Richmond on the other hand;

Missing from Richmond’s team are Dion Prestia (hamstring), Dustin Martin (managed), Tim Taranto (managed), Liam Baker (family reason), Toby Nankervis (managed), Tom Lynch (building match fitness), Jacob Bauer (hamstring), Liam Fawcett (back) and Dylan Grimes, who has returned to the main training group after a calf complaint, has also been managed.
Brown to dominate Van Hooganberger.
There you go @The_General, I actually said it!! :cool:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
One thing I definitely dont want to see is the GoDeez running all over the place tomorrow and running the Tigers out of the contest at will as they did last time in the pre season hit out.
100% they will.
We haven't been road runners since 2019.
All the blokes that could run all day are gone.
Edwards Lambert Castagna Bulter Ellis

Wondering what everyone thinks would be a good/bad result from tomorrows game?

Good result. Loss under six goals and some eye catching performances by our youngsters, particular those from the class of ‘21.

Bad result. 10+ goal loss, same old names carrying the load, nothing of note from our youth.

Wondering what everyone thinks would be a good/bad result from tomorrows game?

Good result. Loss under six goals and some eye catching performances by our youngsters, particular those from the class of ‘21.

Bad result. 10+ goal loss, same old names carrying the load, nothing of note from our youth.
A number of the same old names aren’t available tomorrow, so that may lessen the chances. I just want to see a hit out, and see if there’s any noticeable change in the way we play or approach the game. Even if we lose badly I’d like to see a higher value placed on skill. That sort of transition can take time and might come with some ugly score lines until it develops.

Reactions: 1 users
There were alarm bells going off all over the place during that game.

Today is clearly just a run around.

A ten goal win, or loss, won't indicate anything.

Reactions: 7 users
I might be a tad late with a question already posed and answered...... but, why the *smile* are we playing a game beginning at 10am?

Reactions: 2 users
I might be a tad late with a question already posed and answered...... but, why the *smile* are we playing a game beginning at 10am?
SO the players can have some quality time on a Sunday before a long season would be one reason I imagine.

Also a better time for the hordes of young kids that will attend as well..

Last edited:
There’s no win/loss today. It’s match simulation.
One quarter they’ll set up a scenario where one team has to defend a small lead, and the other team has to try to “win”.
The next quarter vice versa. Etc.
The last two “quarters” (I think there are 6) they’ll mostly play the VFL guys

Just going to have a look at some of our young players.

There’s no win/loss today. It’s match simulation.
One quarter they’ll set up a scenario where one team has to defend a small lead, and the other team has to try to “win”.
The next quarter vice versa. Etc.
The last two “quarters” (I think there are 6) they’ll mostly play the VFL guys

Just going to have a look at some of our young players.
Glorified training run, exactly right

There were alarm bells going off all over the place during that game.
There sure were.

Bit different this time. Younger team, new game plan. Can apply a bit more latitude this time, although don’t wanna see a total reaming and signs of big limitations.