Mathies wins board position. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mathies wins board position.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I have it on good authority that Mathies has been informed he has won a seat on the board. ;)

Very reliable info. ;D 8)

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
Re:Matthies wins board position.

I've just had a conversation with Herald-Sun journalist Damian Barrett who told me that Clinton Casey has informed him that John Matthies has won a seat on the board, replacing Tony Jewell.

Neither myself or another candidate, Jim Giannopoulos, have been officially informed of any results as yet but it is hard to see any possible alternative outcome given this information.

Hopefully the actual vote numbers will be made known tomorrow, so we will all know exactly how the Richmond members voted (of the ~28% that actually bothered to vote........).

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Well, I got one in out of the three I wanted to see get up - and achieved one of my objects . . . ok, I won't labour the point, TJ has gone.

To David and Jim (in the event neither of you are selected) commiserations but please try again.

A woeful turnout and those members who didn't vote should be ashamed of themselves!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I think it's poor form of Clinton's to advise his mate of the results and not give the other candidates the same courtesy. :mad:

About the same treatment given to Knighter with the captaincy issue from memory?

If it's true congrats to John, I hope you do us proud.

Commiserations to David and Jim and other candidates if they missed election. There are always other ways, as Don Chipp said, to keep the bastards honest, ha. ;D ;)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

David Clayton said:
I've just had a conversation with Herald-Sun journalist Damian Barrett who told me that Clinton Casey has informed him that John Matthies has won a seat on the board, replacing Tony Jewell.

Neither myself or another candidate, Jim Giannopoulos, have been officially informed of any results as yet but it is hard to see any possible alternative outcome given this information.

Hopefully the actual vote numbers will be made known tomorrow, so we will all know exactly how the Richmond members voted (of the ~28% that actually bothered to vote........).
Bloody typical, Journo's know whats going on before the candidates and before the AGM to notify the members.
For all the carry on about needing change and the right for the members to have their say a vote by only 28% of members is pretty pathetic, maybe we should make it compulsory like the gov't erections ;D

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
David Clayton said:
Only that there were only 5621 votes lodged at the close of counting on Friday.

How does that number compare to previous counts?

I must admit, this is the first time I've decided to get off
my bum and vote. I never kind of sort of got around to
it previously... even when I thought it would be a good
idea. Must have been the calibre of the candidates ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I wonder if having the opportunity to chat to people about the elections on here encouraged voting.
I know it did for me. This is the first time I've ever voted.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Same here. I was a first time voter aswell. :D

I think around 16 to 18000 voted last time. But I could be wrong.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
rosy3 said:
I wonder if having the opportunity to chat to people about the elections on here encouraged voting.
I know it did for me. This is the first time I've ever voted.
yes it got me of my backside rosy its the 1st time ive voted and it wont be the last. I must say i voted for Mathies i liked his comments about our recruiting or lack thereof. :)

Boyanich

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 13, 2004
Regional Victoria
Is the 28% that voted, 28% of last years membership or of the approx 14,000 that have joined for 2004?

The ballot papers were dated 14 January, 2004 but I didn't receive mine until last Tuesday. I telephoned PCW and they couldn't explain the delay. I knew the election was coming up, but it didn't give much opportunity to read and choose for those that bothered to put in a resume and C.V.

By the way T. Jewell was one of those that didn't bother to give us his C.V. Why was that? Too busy? Couldn't be bothered? Takes the members for granted? Is he too important? Or doesn't he want to tell us about his achievements at the club as a director?

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne

On the 1997 election results, I calculated that about 13,000 of our (then) 25,000 members actually voted.

In that election votes were postal as well as at the AGM, if I remember correctly it was such a schemozzle that the current system was brought in a year later.

Only about half the previous quantity have voted this time (whether they didn't have the chance to or just didn't care is yet to be determined).

I have been told just under 20,000 voting packs were sent out.

Only people who were members at 31 August 2003 could vote.

This way of doing an election certainly has problems that need to be addressed, hopefully the people preparing at this very moment to run in the next election will have a better chance.

Good luck to them. ;)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well done to you David on your shaking of the RFC tree.

Even though you didn't win a place on the board, your efforts have helped shape the club for the better IMO.

Hopefully both you and Jim will not hesitate to contest for a position when they again become available. 8)