Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yep, gets to the right spots, a good crumber, good little tackler. Another game or two like that and he's a good chance of debuting.

"Matthew Coulthard has fitted into life at Tigerland seamlessly and showed his spring on the outer wing, which led to Mykelti Lefau goaling from close range.

Sandringham clung to a narrow five-point lead at the first change, which was quickly eroded by Bigoa Nyuon and Coulthard.

Coulthard rode shot gun and was handed the ball by Nyuon in the goal square, ramming through Richmond’s third major.

Coulthard snapped the mini-drought following a composed pass by Banks to find the small forward free at the top of the goal square.

Kaelan Bradtke was the final link of an impressive Richmond back-half chain which saw Coulthard leave a herd of Zebras in his wake.

Bradtke found himself free on the goalline once again, as Tom Brindley and Coulthard shared the ball inside 50 and unselfishly handed the Tigers’ big man his second major."

Richmond: Olden (2), Coulthard (2), Bradtke (2), Melville, Lefau, Johnson, Hicks, Faimalo, Banks.

Best Players: Banks, Brown, Coulthard, Dow, Trezise, Johnson.

Banks, Brown, Coulthard putting in good games - now your talking.

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
mansell suspended for another 2 weeks if Cumbo isn’t ready it’s time to blood Coulthard in the small forward role

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nice to see that he got over his second game blues from last week n was nice and handy again yesterday. Slotted himself into Melb and VFL footy almost seamlessly.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Game at the Gabba....tough ask first up. I'd be prepared to roll the dice. Couldn't be a downgrade on yesterday. Although he's probably going to find it hard to stick tackles at AFL level.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Game at the Gabba....tough ask first up. I'd be prepared to roll the dice. Couldn't be a downgrade on yesterday. Although he's probably going to find it hard to stick tackles at AFL level.
Just got to hang on n slow them down enough for the Nankster to get there n finish the job properly.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Needs a summer in the gym, but already I’d say he’s an AFL small forward in the making. Quick, good skills & gets to foot of the contest instinctively. I’d play him ahead of MRJ to be honest.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Really liking this pick. Hoping we nailed this MSD pick. Really looking forward to seeing him and Seth Campbell in the forward line for the 2's in the coming weeks. I have high hopes for both of these kids.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Really liking this pick. Hoping we nailed this MSD pick. Really looking forward to seeing him and Seth Campbell in the forward line for the 2's in the coming weeks. I have high hopes for both of these kids.
Seth Campbell was supposed to play some minutes this week wasn’t he?
His recovery has been one hell of a drawn out process

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I thought I'd seen that but was still showing as short term on the injury list, so maybe next week.
Yeah looks like it’s next week against Box Hill.

Seth Campbell, adductor

"Some good news here, Seth's put in an awesome month of work and did probably his biggest session since he's been at the Club last Thursday. He's commenced skills with the team and we're hoping to see some game time against Box Hill next week."

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

I watched Seth Campbell, he trained fully on Thursday, i expect he will be named in VFL next week.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Its been a year of season ending stubbed toes this year.

Campbell, tarrant,gibcus all miss the year with soft tissue

And brown and lynch with breaks.

Discount tarrant cause hes old, 4 players miss all year with 8 week injuries.

Thats 10% of the list, and not a knee between em.