Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Congrats MRJ we’ll deserved :clap2:clap2
Does that mean FArts will now be the medical sub? :rolleyes:

Mozaaaaa!!! As mentioned by others, what a spew there's no crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Still reckon it is a bit early for MRJ but we had to do something about our small forwards and even if he is not yet ready, he still will be an upgrade on Aarts

Reactions: 1 users
I raised this question some time ago and I don't think anyone ever confirmed or refuted this.
I believe MRJ is a first cousin to Daniel's father (despite being younger).
There can't be too many known instances of players related by blood and at different generations playing in the same VFL/AFL side.
Tried to find out via google.

I think you are correct. Apparent Daniel's father Bradley is the nephew of Maurice Sr...so yes, Daniel's dad is first cousins with MRJ...(I think). It is a bit confusing but I think MRJ is also one generation above Willie and Cyril Jr. And some how Ben Long is connected??? clear as mud!

Id rather watch Moju run around in circles and not get a kick instead of Aarts or George, but that wont happen he will have a crack that we do know.

Have fun Maurice, and congrats!!

Royal Tiger Blood takes to the G this week folks.
Im going this week GraigyScreenshot_20210805-195846_WhatsApp.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Tried to find out via google.

I think you are correct. Apparent Daniel's father Bradley is the nephew of Maurice Sr...so yes, Daniel's dad is first cousins with MRJ...(I think). It is a bit confusing but I think MRJ is also one generation above Willie and Cyril Jr. And some how Ben Long is connected??? clear as mud!
Found this:

Don't think he is ready but good luck to him i guess..

Hopefully we try and move it quicker this week and get it in before it gets too rowded , give him and others more space to work with..

Last edited:
Warm the set n cool the tinnies, Moju's gettin a gallop. Bloody shame no-one's getting to watch at the ground. Just hope Moju has a great big day out n enjoys himself.

Feels like a circle of life moment.
No secret his old man is my favourite ever Richmond player.
Go well young fella & carve out your own journey.
There wouldn't be a Tigers fan over 40 who didn't love his old man. What a player. I had Disco's 8 on my Tigers jumper and duffle coat (why don't they have duffle coats anymore?) but when I got an Esso training jumper 17 went on the back.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Great to see, was thinking Cumberland might get a go first given his recent performances, but happy to see MRJ debut.

DS

But, is he ready?
Been average in the VFL but I guess can't be any worse than Castagna has been lately