Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Be intrested in others thoughts on MJ so far ? Personally think he comes with ridiculous expectations purely because of his name , imho he’s shown glimpses , he’s definitely tough, agile and a very good tackler , in saying that I’m a jury out , could be 100 gamer , could be a 10

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Be intrested in others thoughts on MJ so far ? Personally think he comes with ridiculous expectations purely because of his name , imho he’s shown glimpses , he’s definitely tough, agile and a very good tackler , in saying that I’m a jury out , could be 100 gamer , could be a 10
I would imagine that, internally within the club, MRJ was told 2021 was a season to develop, no pressure.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
i didnt mind his goal on the weekend :cool:
Yep, if you're going to do one thing for the day, a 4-bounce goal is pretty good. He has the ability to do the brilliant, needs to work on doing anything more frequently.

Unless Ryan is down there, we have few forward targets at the moment, which makes it tough for a crumber. But MoJu has plenty to work on. He's very short and not a factor in the air. He can't help the former and I'm not sure he'll improve the latter. He can improve his endurance and repeat efforts, and his strength in the contest - he's getting pushed off the ball a little easily at the moment.

He's coming from a long way back and lost a development year last year. So, a learning year for MoJu and a tempering of expectations for fans.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Probably won’t know until next year as to whether he’ll be a player. Needs a huge pre season in the meantime. Very raw at present. Has a go but a concern he doesn’t find much of the ball from VFL games viewed to date.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not going to be an elite player but will easily play 100+ games and wreak havoc in the fwd line. Wouldnt worry about his 2s form as he has no fwd target to crumb at the feet of atm. That goal showed enough to know he will be a gem

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Most Rioli's if not all have historically not found the ball a lot, it all has to do with what they do without it and when they do get it what they do with it. Of course getting more of it helps produce more magic but I guess you can't have it all

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Could he be a smokey for a call up this week - great to see what he can offer as they desperately need his energy up forward.

Junior to take Aarts spot.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If there was ever a guy who just plays better in better company it’s Junior.

Play him