Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Got in the right spot for his 3 goals and his pressure on the kicker lead to another couple. Coming along nicely this year.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Has a lot still to learn but he sure brought some passion and will to the game with his running and attack on the ball so well pleased to see him progressing well .

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Really good performance, has a really nice side step, makes good decisions.

14 disposals for 9 score involvements is a highly damaging performance. 6 intercepts for a small forward is great and a big part of why we scored so heavily from turnover and specifically from forward half turnover.

Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Really good performance, has a really nice side step, makes good decisions.

14 disposals for 9 score involvements is a highly damaging performance. 6 intercepts for a small forward is great and a big part of why we scored so heavily from turnover and specifically from forward half turnover.
Just like his great dad.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
And he's still so young.
Somewhere on this forum/thread I made a bold (and probably naive) statement along the lines that I thought MRjr would be the better over his career than Cyril Rioli. Big call I know and I may come to eat my words/opinion.
Give him another couple of seasons and his potential will be awesome.
Anyway, he's still developing and learning and tonight's game was a great step in the right direction for his footy.
Keep playing him.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Worked hard n grew into his role the longer the game went on. Doesn't need much of a sniff to do some damage n put plenty of heat on the Wet Coke defence.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Loved his game.

Oh, and @turk-d-tiger I hope you saw the Instagram post showing him to be 5-8cm shorter than Daniel!
Also shorter than Willie Rioli in the photos. Willie is listed at 175cm.

He must be about 172cm.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
MoJu lacks a little depth and penetration in his kicking but his closing speed and agility is beyond elite.

He reminds me of a more silky Jack Higgins to be honest.

Persist please. Do not drop him.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
MoJu lacks a little depth and penetration in his kicking but his closing speed and agility is beyond elite.

He reminds me of a more silky Jack Higgins to be honest.

Persist please. Do not drop him.

The set shot kicking is an issue - looks unlikely to make the distance from 40m.
Hopefully that’s something they are working on at the club.
But he was clever with his shorter kicks/passes.
High hopes for this kid - it would be a great story if he became a long term player - especially for those who saw his old man play.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Seems to be a better afl player than vfl. Clearly worked on his tank as he can get to many more contests, obviously poor opposition hence it being important to keep the performance within context

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Loved his game.

Oh, and @turk-d-tiger I hope you saw the Instagram post showing him to be 5-8cm shorter than Daniel!
Actually i didnt as i dont have instagram but i do have foxtel and recorded the game
Went back and rewatched the after game football signing with Stack handing him the ball and daniel coming up to him and having a chat. looked nearly the same height as both Daniel and SS

Also taller easily than Prestia and baker

But hey i suppose the RFC is in on the conspiracy , I wonder if they could increase Sonsie's height to be that Big 193cm inside mid

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Actually i didnt as i dont have instagram but i do have foxtel and recorded the game
Went back and rewatched the after game football signing with Stack handing him the ball and daniel coming up to him and having a chat. looked nearly the same height as both Daniel and SS

Also taller easily than Prestia and baker

But hey i suppose the RFC is in on the conspiracy , I wonder if they could increase Sonsie's height to be that Big 193cm inside mid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-010238_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-010238_Instagram.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 117

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Watched some of the game again last night. The stuff he did off the ball was amazing. When he had the ball, his sidesteps and use were joyous. I'm excited

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Looks like his dad and reminds me of his closing speed when he accelerates into a tackle. Maurice was arguable the best pound for pound tackler I have seen. Used to haul bigger players down who thought they could shrug him off. And that grin after kicking a goal….deeeelicciouusss……

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Guessin that pic puts an end to any argument over who's tall n who's not.