Mav Weller | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mav Weller

If Gold Coast and St Kilda don't want you, why should we?

This reeks of the Tiges thinking they are better that they are, and thinking they can make a player out of him.

Lesson hopefully learned.

Never to be seen in the 1's again.

Cause Rioli and Castagna with their one tackle each were so much better. At least Weller managed to find the ball. Whole forward line was a shambles. Collingwood picked us off at will.

SCOOP said:
At full strength he can be a really good contributor as your 22nd bloke.

In our current side, he is batting far too high.

Get off the grass Scoop. The guy got delisted by GC17 and St.Kilda. WTF were we thinking??

tigerlove said:
Cause Rioli and Castagna with their one tackle each were so much better. At least Weller managed to find the ball. Whole forward line was a shambles. Collingwood picked us off at will.

Don’t you notice the turnovers by this guy?
Turnovers kill teams. St Kilda knew what they were doing.

Ridley said:
Get off the grass Scoop. The guy got delisted by GC17 and St.Kilda. WTF were we thinking??

We got him to be 22-28. Now he’s 16.

That’s the problem. Depth only.

SCOOP said:
We got him to be 22-28. Now he’s 16.

That’s the problem. Depth only.

If he’s 22nd we’re in strife. He’s no good Scoop.

Give me Sam Lloyd any day.

Pappy said:
Don’t you notice the turnovers by this guy?
Turnovers kill teams. St Kilda knew what they were doing.

He had 5 turnovers from 16 disposals. Yeah not great. Butler had 4 from 8. Castagna 3 from 12, Rioli 3 from 12. Why single out Weller? They whole forward line was cr@p. You work as a team, if you're all playing rubbish you can't be expected to stand out and make things out of nothing. I'm not defending his game, I just think many others played just as bad if not worse.

Ridley said:
If he’s 22nd we’re in strife. He’s no good Scoop.

Give me Sam Lloyd any day.

For sure, I’m not a fan at all of Mav.

But I doubt when we got home thought he’d play the first two games.

tha8ball said:
If this is from grease then this is quality. Hahaha

good pick up.

In hindsight we should have watch Grease instead of the game.

SCOOP said:
For sure, I’m not a fan at all of Mav.

But I doubt when we got home thought he’d play the first two games.

So why get him at all? Reeks of Greg Miller Richmond.

Saw him get the ball and run sideways/backwards for a slow handball to a stationary player further back... when he had Edwards, Rioli, and someone else running ahead of the ball in a wave.

Not in sync with our forward handballing/tap-on mentality

frawleyudud said:
So we get rid of Conca and Lloyd to okay this hack. Mind boggles.

I didn't mind Conca leaving, wanted Lloyd to stay, we needed cap space.