Mav Weller | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mav Weller

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He could be the worse of a huge bunch of duds hardwick has recruited of his time.
3 votes Weller
2 votes miller
1 vote Thomas

**roughhead wouldve been a top recruit.
Could play in the ruck or back and we allowed him to go to Collingwood.
Collingwoods rejects contribute ours contribute to us losing

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Cannot for the life of me understand how we got rid of players like Miles and Lloyd yet we then go and recruit a lesser player and give them game time. Lloyd is a superior player to Weller and that is saying something. These were the decisions that we used to make as a club when we were a rabble.

Considering Lloyd was a player favourite surely some of them must be feeling betrayed

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
frawleyudud said:
Cannot for the life of me understand how we got rid of players like Miles and Lloyd yet we then go and recruit a lesser player and give them game time. Lloyd is a superior player to Weller and that is saying something. These were the decisions that we used to make as a club when we were a rabble.

Considering Lloyd was a player favourite surely some of them must be feeling betrayed
Dimmer loves these types.

JB11

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2012
when it was kicked long into the open forward line,all weller had to do was keep running hard and mark it,

as soon as he pulled up and let the ball hit the ground i thought , he needs to go

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
frawleyudud said:

Would Lloyd to still be a Tiger but I think the answer is as simple as salary cap. Weller will be on much less than Lloyd. Miles is no real loss. Lloyd and Conca are the only ones that we would have liked to keep if we had the chance.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Mav. Whoa. He damned the entire club. (Recruiting.)

Top 16 on the night. Maybe even 11. And he was bad.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
mrposhman said:
Would Lloyd to still be a Tiger but I think the answer is as simple as salary cap. Weller will be on much less than Lloyd. Miles is no real loss. Lloyd and Conca are the only ones that we would have liked to keep if we had the chance.

This is it. We didn’t want Lloyd to go but couldn’t keep him - we then went out and got Weller as a replacement.

If it was the other way round then yeah, not happy Jan

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Weller is the direct result of having Martin prestia rance cotchin lynch and menadue on mega bucks.
In hindsight were we 2 quality midfielders worth more to us then Lynch.
Was the forward line the real issue?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
zippadeee said:
Weller is the direct result of having Martin prestia rance cotchin lynch and menadue on mega bucks.
In hindsight were we 2 quality midfielders worth more to us then Lynch.
Was the forward line the real issue?

Give it a rest. Why do you seem to enjoy when we are going through some struggles? I reckon you've posted more since Thursday than you ever did last year.

There is nothing wrong with going along the way we had. Our midfield is still ranked highly and 2 mids for $500k each are not players like Coniglio etc. It would be say Coniglio and Lloyd rather than Lynch not 2 top liners.

I'm ok with the strategy but we did not perform on Thursday at all.

By the way, are you saying we shouldn't sign Cotchin, Martin, Rance etc let them go and bring a few extra average players in? If so, you are completely nuts.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Who has Weller actually been replacing in our forward line? One of the smalls or Caddy? Either way he hasn't got anywhere near the levels we need him to be to replace any of them.

In 2 games, 1 goal, 1 behind, 3 marks (none inside 50), 2 tackles. They'd look bad for 1 game but for 2??

I'd prefer to replace Caddy with 1 of our rotating mids (Dusty, Cotch, Graham) instead of Weller and bring another mid like Ross in. If he's been replacing one of the smalls, all of the rest are better than he is.

Should not be playing this week IMO.