MEMBERS FORUM UPDATE @ 21/5/03 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MEMBERS FORUM UPDATE @ 21/5/03

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Sorry everyone I have been a bit slack regarding the forum and posting information for you.

We had a meeting last week. The purpose of that meeting was to finalise the Members Forum Charter and Mission Statement.

The Charter covers areas such as the Forum's purpose, how it will communicate with members and the Club, what other areas outside membership will the Forum be involved in. The Charter also covers a couple of basics such as how often we should meet, length of service for the people on it etc.

Some people may think we are moving slowly but the Club's and the Forum's approach is - it is extremely important we get the foundations right so the Members Forum is successful for years to come. The Club don't want this to for this year and then it fades away. There is a long term comittment to this project. Once I have a copy of the final charter document I will let everyone know what it involves.

Now onto some postive news. The Club (in conjunction with the Forum) are formulating and planning the different membership packages for next season at the moment. We are alos going to be looking at making the renewal process easier for everyone.

Currently I am in the in the process of going through all the past comments posted on this board and from there putting together some strategies for next years membership packages. The one in particualr that I think is worth looking at closely is the suggested MCG home game m'ship (thanks Dean).

I am not going to make outlandish comments or promises about what is going to be on offer. What I will say I am taking on board all comments and putting together strategies as alot of other Forum Members are.

I'll keep you all posted.

Finally, just a reminder to everyone who is a member you should have all received the latest FTB. Details of the Motorola offer were enclosed. Please consider it - Motorola have been fantastic since they came on board in Feb.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks for that KL. Appreciate you keeping us in touch. It's a pity the posts regarding membership issues are all over the shop. It makes hard work of it for you to keep track of them all.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Sorry again - my Richo print just got delivered (sorry those who were looking forward to my Photo with Richo it didn't come with the print)so I had to stop typing.... so to finish off on Motorola

They have been fantasic since the came on board in Feb. The Club clearly needs to keep them "on board". By we members taking up their offers we help the RFC help Motorola. Which means Motoroal stays with the Tigers - sounds weird I know but it all about Brand selling

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
What page is it on KL, I can't find it? What is the deal they are offering?

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
It wasn't actually in the FTB = there was flyer included. The offer is through Schepisi Communications. The good news is you dont have to actually go to the store it can all be done over the phone or internet and they deliver the phone.

You just need to phone them or access the web page and follow the instructions.

I was sorting my new phone at yesterday and Schepisi said they had been over run with queries.

The phone number is

1300 66 44 22 - say you are calling about the RFC offer

or go to their web page

www.schepisi.com.au

and click on the tiger logo bouncing around on the left hand side of the home page

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Only one problem that i have with the deal is that i am already on a plan with optus and realyl cant afford to fork out $300+ for a new phone. I could get one i guess seperate for business use when i become a registered tax agent, so is something i would consider but i cannot get out of this current plan and i guess wouldhave to have a seperate phone number if i did accept it. Any idea how to get around this?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I e-mailed Schepisi as soon as KL posted the link and haven't received a reply or the phone call they mentioned to discuss it.
My mobile is with Telstra same as the Motorola deal, and I was asking if the plan can be transferred over.
If not there's not a lot I can do to help.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Shawry,

You can change carriers that's up to you. You need to contact your current carrier Optus to get a quote for the cost of terminating your contract. If it is right for you $ wise then you could change over to the Telstra deal on offer.

Rosy,

I emailed them and got no reply so ended up phoning. I am currently with Telstra and to get the new phone I have to cancel the existing contract at a penalty (for me it is small cost bcos the contracts nearly up) fee and transfer to the Motorola/Telstra deal

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks Lil, something to look into. I am on a $60 plan though so would be interesting to se how much difference the costs will be. Anyway will look into it, looks like a good phone and mine are currently not working too well. and i love the club too.