Reserve Seats for Away Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reserve Seats for Away Games

If given the option would you purchase reserve seating for away games as part of the 17-18 game memb

• Yes

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I am in the process of finalising a couple of strategies to submit to the Club regarding memebership packages for season 2004 through the Members Forum.

We have had a lot of discussion regarding the Club offering fixed reserve seats for away games. Alot of us on the forum think it is a good idea. Other clubs (read C'wood) currently offer this option.

These seats would not be the same as your home game seats but would be a block of seats at say the MCG for Richmond members (that's what we are proposing anyway).

I am just trying to guage what others think.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Think it's a good idea KL considering the fiascoes with regards to buying and getting a seat at Telstra Dome for popular games as well as the reduced capacity at the 'G until 2005/6.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I'm in favour of it KL. It's actually something I have thought about in the past.

Would take the hassle out of some away games. Even if it were only for say games at Docklands or blockbuster games.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Personally I voted no, but I still think it could be a good idea.
I think the 18 game (or whatever it was) was poor value this year and might need to be looked at.
I only ever buy home game memberships. That's expensive enough when buying 5 memberships, so doubt I'd go for the away option.
It would be good to have a block of seats for Richmond people to be able to sit in if they show their membership when buying an away ticket.

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
I'm all for it, as long as we are given decent seats - not the top deck of the Olympic stand or up the top of Telstra dome! ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I voted yes... but... I don't but reserved seating anyway.

I used to like buying the general admission reserve that lets you into a Tiger area, say the red seats near the race but I think that that should be cheaper also.
Personally speaking I don't like the idea of sitting in the exact same seats every week. So if (as it looks like you are saying) the away games would have a 'red seats Tiger' sort of area and the cost was resonable I would get it.. having said that I don't think that it should cost anymore than 30 dolars extra on top of your membership to access these areas. And perhaps there should be more than 1 of them so as to give you an option. eg the red seats near the race and say a given section of the southern stand (or even the AFL members because lets face it how often do they turn up?) and at Shitful stadium (because we are playing home games there against other vic sides :mad: ) I think if you purchase an option like this you shouldn't be shoe horned into the top level with the GP. But I also believe that members of teams competing at the docklands should get areas in levels 1 and 2 instead of just getting admitted. Maybe that would provide followers of all clubs to not only buy a membership, but to detest the doom less. dome sorry.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Reserve seats for away games are a good idea, but I wouldn't be buying anyway - too expensive for a family. But I think they should be available.
I might jump at an away blockbuster add-on to the usual home game membership & reserve seats - say the Essendon Collingwood and Carlton away games as an add-on or even as a replacement for 3 of the lesser home games like Freo, WC & Adelaide or whatever.
Flexibility is a key for me, but I'm not sure what the club or AFL can offer on that score...

P

PuntRoadRoar

being a member but living in perth, i would actually love to be able to sit with a whole bunch of richmond supporters that come over when we play at subiaco

but im not sure how i could purchase a ticket this way.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I think it is a good idea.

But why worry because there will probably not be enough members next year to worry about it, if they are concerned with the numbers this year I think next year is going to be even an bigger concern.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
tiggytam said:
But why worry because there will probably not be enough members next year to worry about it, if they are concerned with the numbers this year I think next year is going to be even an bigger concern.

Always manageing to turn a post negative.... :-\

I think its a good idea, however i always buy a genral admisson membership