Membership Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership Poll

Which option describes you?

• Signed up member

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • Signed up since the phone deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intending to sign up but been slack

• Maybe next year

• Will sign up if the team goes well

• Not planning to be a member this year

• Never been a member

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Comments are very welcome on this issue, but if you don't want people to know your membership status please just vote on the poll.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
There are about 140 registered members on this site TT, but most of those don't post.
If they just read the messages without logging in they won't be able to vote.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I actually have 3 memberships (thats 3 plastic cards) can I vote 3 times :D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I have 6 plastic cards. :) :) :) :) :) :)

OK two were sent twice, but they have their uses to get a friend or two into the reserved area. ;)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I have no shame in saying that I signed up after the phone deal was announced. Initially I wanted to see how we would go against quality opposition in Port and Essendon and then I was going to make my decision. But weighing into this decision was my financial capability plus the ability of the boys to really look like they wanted it. They kept their end of the bargain in my eyes.. and then through unfortunate circumstances I ended up with a little spare money. Was still going to wait until after the Essendon game but the offer of a free no plans phone was the straw that broke my back so to speak. My sis who has been a member since 96 also signed up as she too had an unfortunate financial gain plus she needed a new phone. I hadn't been a member since 2000 because I had become completely dis-illusioned with the way the Tigers were headed and didn't agree of the appointment of D Frawley. Also I wanted the Tigers to prove to me that we could consistently play in the finals let alone being confident of a win week to week. Financial considerations have also been a factor in those years because before that I am sure I only missed a max of 2 years without being a member. And as we all know in that time it was painful to watch our club unravel time after time. In the end I couldn't take it... this coincided with my acceptance as an MCC member which is also not cheap, as some may know. Anyway bottom line is I understand why lots of former Tigers have turned their backs on us... there are so many reasons but being able to view games on Foxtel instead of chancing the pain that this year they may again be the tigers of recent times live plus THOSE games at 'injurylands'... it's just too much for some. Sadly by the time we prove we may go ok in the eight it may be too late to sign up for the year.
Circumstances are so unique to every individual that it is unfair to chastise them for their choice not to renew etc just keep trying to niggle those you know to renew(if they don't raise some of the above points) but don't bag them for their choice not to. After all it is clearly displayed on this thread that personal opinion's, view's and circumstances are often very different.

GO TIGES!!