MEMBERSHIPS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MEMBERSHIPS

Kafer said:
Rosy, I think like I said before it has to be about more than onfield performance for us to improve or membership numbers.

From a comercial stand point we need to be offering the supporter a good reason to be a member of this club.

I've said that a million times Kafer, give or take a few.

I think the club has improved slightly in that department this year but has a long way to go.

I've posted before how welcoming and friendly people at the Roos and to a lesser degree the Hawks have been to my family when we've been there.

They invited us in, talked to us, showed us around the place. The feeling I've got from Richmond over the years is that it's almost been too much bother to even answer the phone let alone help with information or requests. I hope they finally acknowledge they have been that way and make changes.

I know North is a smaller club and more intimate but we could learn a lot from them. Though my experiences were a fair while ago I still remember clearly how they make people part of their club. That they were wanted for more than their money.

I still think membership won't increase at Richmond until they show real endevour and win games consistantly.

Other than that they have to prove to people they are making changes for the future success of the club.

In other words actions speak louder than words, both on and off field. To use a well worn cliche, talk is cheap.

rosy3 said:
I know North is a smaller club and more intimate but we could learn a lot from them. Though my experiences were a fair while ago I still remember clearly how they make people part of their club. That they were wanted for more than their money.

you hit the nail right on the head!

I think alot of people are still not convinced that the club is headed in the right direction, and after the last 4 weeks, it has vindicated why many people have not reupped.

In pure value for money terms, a RFC membership is worth less than monoploy money.

If Ian Campbell and Greg Miller are as good as their reputations boast, they will realise that our membership is linked to our *smile* poor on field performance and obvious acceptance of mediocrity in players and coaching staff.

Get the on field part pointing in the right direction and people will part with their hardearned.

Pretty simple really.

Kafer
When they purchase their memberships they need to feel good about it and feel as though they are getting value for money regardless of onfield performance

Speak for yourself champ... I don't care for discounts on crap I will never buy, a sticker or the like.... Give me an on field performance I can enjoy and admire and I'd trade you back any of the other benefits of being a member.
If I knew I was going to be forced to watch insipid crap I'd buy a membership to the ballet. Alas, I have no passion for ballet..... anyway the bottom line is passionate Tiger supporters are sick to death of being heartbroken and have found better ways to spend their money and or time..... IMO.

Dog - I don't say this enough but you are a breath of fresh air.

If the loyal Dog is upset and in two minds whether to join as a member next year and watch the circus lead by Mr Potatoe head - then what are other less passionate supporters gonna think.

I was thinking of purchasing a m'ship to the comedy festival next year, but I think I'll just sit in my room and laugh at the photo I have with Frawley sitting in the coaches box!!!