Frawely to stay or go | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawely to stay or go

Do you think that Danny Frawely is heading us in the right direction and is in the best interest of

• Yes

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I beleive after Geischen he is the worst coach we've ever had.

This is another one of your crap polls Harry. Give it a rest at least until the end of the year you goose. Maybe we should start about a poll as to whether you should go!!!

Danny should definitely stay - and not for the reason that we have a history of sacking coaches and would find it difficult to attract another good coach. That’s a furphy.

I think he should stay because he is becoming a very good AFL coach. With the off field support that he now has, I think the best of Danny Frawley is about to come to fruition. Our list management over the past 3 or 4 seasons has been our weak point, but only those with a vendetta against Danny would blame him entirely for that. Some of these duds have been signed up for long term and over-priced contracts and have hamstrung us at trade times. A couple of these deals have been self-inflicted, but Danny shouldn’t be wearing the blame for everything just because he is senior coach. Others, such as Mark Brayshaw and the board must put a hand up for some of these mistakes.

Talent scouting has also been poor, and Danny is clearly not to blame for that, as many have already admitted. Danny should not be tarred by the Greg Beck brush, as much as people try to link them. Danny has every right to trust Beck’s judgement — but don’t judge Danny because some of these guys can’t cut it. That ball is firmly in Beck’s court. This is the case with every other senior coach in the AFL, so why do we blame Danny?

Furthermore, injuries to key players over the past few seasons have made it difficult to assess Frawley’s performance. When we have had most of our playing list fit, Danny’s record is pretty damn good — not quite premiership material, but damn good for a first time coach with an ordinary bottom tier of players.

Whether we make the finals or not this year, Danny’s big test will come at trade time. If we are aggressive and clean out the dead wood as we desperately need to do, then I think Danny will be at the helm of a very successful era for the club. If we stagnate, retain these duds and aim for 8th or 9th again in 2004, then Danny’s time will be up. But as his decision with Knights shows, he has the balls to do what is required, and he has the right support in Miller to get the job done.

I’m a Danny Frawley supporter. I think he can coach, and the constant moronic muttering from Harry, diggler, laff et al don’t faze me. I’m behind him 100%.

The Boss said:
This is another one of your crap polls Harry. Give it a rest at least until the end of the year you goose. Maybe we should start about a poll as to whether you should go!!!

People have jumped on the bandwagon and the engines just started. People have seen the light and realise that Frawely hasn't the slightest idea about coaching. This theme will go on and on until that hillbilly is where he deserves to be - back at his farm. We will be the geese if the club retains him.

Dean - in his 3.5 years at RFC he hasn't implemented anything that resembles a style of play or game plan that can threaten the top teams. The writing's on the wall people - we are well below budget for memberships and its only gonna decline. The muttering will continue coz its for your/our own good to get rid of the fool.

Frawley can stay as coach provided he is Millers puppet.

Thunderbirds are go ;D

C'mon people - we need more votes. Everyone has seen the team for the past 3.5 years and everyone must have an opinion. I'll be sending this poll to Miller so he knows how the supporters/members really feel. ;D

To the manager.
Rigged Polls Inc

Dear Harry,
My option isn't included on your poll so I regretfully inform you I won't be participating despite your generous offer.
However if you care to edit and include an option of assessing the situation at the end of the year I might contribute you your unworthy cause. ;D
Yours Faithfully
rosy.

Rosy - It's pretty clear. You either think he is heading us in the right direction or not. Simple. It makes no difference after another ten games - its peoples opinion at the moment of what they think. If people think he is the right man to lead us to a flag then they vote yes. If not then they vote no.

You can't sit on the fence and then have an opinion when he either wins us a flag or gets the axe.

It reminds me of how Frawely needs his hand held when he tries to coach.

I voted for him to stay because I really like him, but then what would I know I am only a stupid country hick

Country hicks are very nice people and I'm sure Frawely's a very intelligent farmer

Dean - whose to blame for giving clinton king an extra year on his contrat? Blind freddy could see that king was/is a dud yet Frawely (yes Frawely) gave him another year. Or maybe you want to blame the previous administration for that.

Harry said:
whose to blame for giving clinton king an extra year on his contrat?

That's it. As president of the Clinton King fan club I feel obliged to vote keep Danny now.
Hope everyone does Harry, that would stuff the poll up, ha. ;D
It's pretty hard to sack a premiership coach anyway.
Fire em up Danny.

(What a forgiving creature I am. If I was asked to vote on this poll at 5pm on Saturday I know what I would have put. ???)

Harry said:
C'mon people - we need more votes. Everyone has seen the team for the past 3.5 years and everyone must have an opinion. I'll be sending this poll to Miller so he knows how the supporters/members really feel. ;D

Harry,

If the numbers keep going Danny's way - will you still send this onto Greg Miller ;D

rosy3 said:
Harry said:
whose to blame for giving clinton king an extra year on his contrat?

That's it. As president of the Clinton King fan club I feel obliged to vote keep Danny now.
Hope everyone does Harry, that would stuff the poll up, ha. ;D
It's pretty hard to sack a premiership coach anyway.
Fire em up Danny.

(What a forgiving creature I am. If I was asked to vote on this poll at 5pm on Saturday I know what I would have put. ???)

Tiger ferals have short memories - don't worry you'll be reminded pretty soon.

Was only mucking around Harry. I told you I have no comment until the end of the year.
I just want to look forward to the games we have left this season and hope for a better effort from Danny and the other coaches and all the players and more importantly the injury Gods too.
Go Tiges.

Harry: It is the football departments responsibility to look after and negotiate contracts. FrawLEy would have no role in that. besides when that contract was signed i would ahve agreed Clinton King was worth it, he had a bad year last year most likely after contract signed. Probably got one year too many but hey he had the one bad year (this year aint any better i guess). Point is you cant blame Frawley for this.

Stay. I think with the new admin around him and a chance to reshape the list, Danny deserves another year.

I also believe with Miller in charge, there will be no more damage done to the list as in past years.

The ball is your court Danny.

Status
Not open for further replies.