Memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Memberships

What do you think you'll do at seasons end?

• Definitely renew.

Votes: 43 100.0%
  • Renew if Danny goes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not buy a membership.

• Undecided.

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Last night my husband said to me that if Frawley is coaching next year that he doesn't want me to buy him a membership.
He isn't willing to travel 5-6 hours a weekend to watch that crap negative play.
Before anyone judges him on that I'll say he is a football lover and would prefer to watch a good game from other teams rather than just watch whenever Richmond play.

I was wondering how others are feeling about memberships at this point in time.

I suppose not many will give their opinions, but I hope they use the anonymity of the poll to vote honestly.

There's a good chance that Richmond won't win another game this year to win back some Brownie points from supporters.

I am a bit concerned because the club will be stuffed without membership renewals but I think they've treated members with too little respect with the dishonesty this season.

Go Tiges.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Rosy.

I will probably buy a membership anyway because i understand how important the revenue is to the future of the club and as much as I am disappointed (for want of a better term) with things at the moment.

Although I have chosen the option that I will renew if Spud goes as I believe that is the most preferred option.

I would encourage you to send the results to the club if you get sufficient response.

Great Poll and hope everyone on this list votes.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I will definately renew again.
Having lived interstate for the last 20 odd years it's been nothing more that a donation any way.
As much as we don't like what's happening we all should continue to support the club.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I'll renew, not because I think the club is heading in the right direction, appreciates the members or really care, but because the club need the money that memberships provide.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigerman I don't think there should be an assumption that people aren't supporting the club if they don't renew.
There can be various reasons for not buying a mambership just the same as there are various other means of supporting the club.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
By supporting the club, I mean everyone that can afford it should be a member.
Whether they went to footy is another matter.
I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to go and watch them.
We don't want the dark days of S.O.S, and if memberships drop off too mjuch it could happen again.
Or at least we could end up cap in hand to the a.f.l.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
rosy3 said:
He isn't willing to travel 5-6 hours a weekend to watch that crap negative play.

I don't blame him or anyone else Rosy. I went last night with some impartial friends of mine, over from Adelaide for the weekend. Not only was I so disgusted in Richmond's non-effort I was also disappointed and embarassed that my friends saw such a crap game from the RFC.

You look at that effort and the lack of any positives (and I honestly could not take one positive from the night) and I really really question whether Richmond have any bloody idea or direction. We are the worst team in the comp on that game. Utterly disgusting!!

We were sitting near the Richmond race and there was a massive amount of abuse directed at all and sundry from the RFC and considering the vast amounts of money these prima-dona's get paid then I have absolutely no sympathy for them.

One passionate bloke whilst waiting for Burke to come past was yelling at Miller "Do you still believe in him Miller, do you still back him all the way?"

Miller just stared back at the irate mob. I wonder if the penny is cracking them on the head.

You look at that crap display and you think 20 years of dribble so far and another 10 years of the same if we keep persisting with this "nothingness". I just sat there with my head in my hands. What utter, utter crap!

We need something, just something to give us a reason to believe because right now all we have is ..........? :'( :'(

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I will renew although I think we are heading in the wrong direction at present,from President down. Casey has been very quiet over the past few weeks for a club thats in turmoil and is a disgrace.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I think you know my response Rosy.

I will be renewing and actually upgrading they type of memebership I take out. I intend to keep all 4 seats.

And as member of the Forum I intend to work bloody hard trying to sell memberships as well. So with this in mind Skiddy if I come a knockin on your door will I at least get a cuppa or just the door ???

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I am undecided on renewing my membership.
I will not pay money to see *smile* poor efforts like last night.
Furthermore, my reserved seats are pathetic. Last year I had good seats, when I renewed my membership I ticked I wanted to keep the same reserved seats, however, some knucklehead moved my seats.

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
My first post here - just to say that my family and I (4 of us) will all be renewing our memberships next year - without question.

Obviously I see here (and hear on talk back radio) that some are threatening not to renew. As long as they are from the bunch of whinging ratbags that sit in the seats near ours during home games - good riddance.

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
I think many of us are forgeting about what a membership intitles us to do. That is to vote. Vote on board members!!!

It's our club - primarily we are the share holders. United we stand .... divided we fall. We could force the palace coupe.

Chance

Tiger Cub
Aug 7, 2003
vic
I have been buying my membership for the last 10 years so i don't think anything will change next year, anyway think iof the positives, when you have hit rock bottom there is only one way to go from there

spiritofrichmond

" I have a DREAM "
Jul 10, 2003
Blackburn
I know my heart will rule over my better judgement and end up signing up again. It will be a shame to stop being a member after 30 years because of an incompetent coach and a board that shows complete disregard to the faithful followers of the MIGHTY TIGES.
After all let's face it the Club belongs just as much to us as it does to them.
So I say to all my fellow Tiger members to hang in there but contact the Club by phone or by writing in and show your disgust of the abysmal leadership that is being shown at the moment. I urge you to flood our administration with letters of discontent and express your anger.
Personally if I faced having to sacrifice my pride and buy a membership to follow a mediocre team against the possibility of seeing my club go out of existence then my decision will be one where I"ll hang it there until the right people come along and give us a successful RICHMOND AGAIN !!

EAT'EM ALIVE

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I will renew because the difference between me and that dud Frawley is I will be still there in 5 years

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Very important thread.

I HOPE THE RFC ARE WATCHING THIS SPACE.

People buy memberships to go and suppport the team and be entertained. Danny Frawely has shattered this for most richmond supporters. Why would people part with their money to go to the games and feel sick at watching such an ugly style of play.