Memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Memberships

What do you think you'll do at seasons end?

• Definitely renew.

Votes: 43 100.0%
  • Renew if Danny goes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not buy a membership.

• Undecided.

• Total voters

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I'll buy the same membership that I bought this year, the type that allows you to go to all the big games at the G against the traditional rivals. As for buying a full membership to watch the Tigers play every week, I'll do that when i can actually see them doing something which encourages me to get excited about.

There's no way I'd rock up every week to see the likes of Houlihan, King, Biddiscombe, Hilton, Pettifer, Fiora, Nicholls and co turn tricks. I can play better than those duds and its insulting watching them disgrace the jumper.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Spot on Laff.

I too would urge all supporters to write to the club venting your anger and disgust. I have never written or phoned the club in the past to express my opinions but this will be a first for me and for many hopefully.

Target: Dudley Frawley

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Excellent Question Rosy,

It is encouraging to see the positive response of some people, I was particularly glad to see Laff's and Dragga's et al.

The point , I beleive, is that is what a real supporter does , unless they just cant and in which case I love them even more. Not being able to be a Member hurts !

For others it is more a question of me, me , me .....and whats in it for me ? It hurts like hell to love Richmond and I have often thought "bugger them", they can stick it! But if Richmond really is our Family , we have no choice.

Not paying memberships only further sinks the ship , membership and attendance are key to attracting sponsorship dollars and sadly, in this filthy capitalist world , that is crucial to saving our club. Being politically active wherever possible is also crucial and that is what I love about this site ....It is the voice of the true TIGER ARMY ....and dont think for a second that Ian Campbell doesn't monitor it ..... Let them know that we will tear the board to pieces if we dont get some respect and our HERITAGE back.

I think this survey and its posts could be made into a verry powerful, collective submission to Campbell and the board. So I would call on all true supporters , and Richmond watchers to answer it with love , anger, balance and thought.

We probably cant do anything to stop the theatre goers, pure football lovers or the me , me , me crowd from jumping ship .... but we can solidify ourselves and maybe help save OUR Richmond F.C.

For those who love Richmond but not thought it important to become members NOW is the time !
Love to you all.

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
Will not buy a membership next year if Frawley is still there.
Neither will 4 mates I travel to the games with from Geelong.

We see the purchase of a membership as a vote of faith in the club and refuse to do that.

The team has gone downhill under Frawleys guidance. Depleted list, no kids for the future and the most shithouse brand of football to watch into the bargain.

When I joined this site I read every single thread. Somewhere amongst them Koalalill posted that the admin have gone from one of the lowest paid last season to one of the highest paid this season.

Greg Millers cries to Richmond supporters were not only an insult, they don't ring true begging for their money while feathering their own nests.

Miller should also apologise to the Victorian Cricket Team. It's a disgrace how publicly pointed the finger at them.

Miller tells us how well Frawley is doing with the team. Der we are not imbeciles we can see for ourself how well he's doing.

Until Frawley goes our way of showing we don't approve is not buying memberships.

5 less members from Corio Bay until there is a new coach. :(

alleycat

I'm a llama!
Aug 9, 2003
Frankston
im lucky enough got get mostly free tickets to see the tiges ...but i would certainly buy a membership if thet the club got there act together,and stop feeding us all *smile*, at the beggining of the year on the rfc website we where all told this was going to be our year with a likely top 4 finish!!!, if frawley goes ill gladly buy a membership...........oh a footnote. ive found this website just 2 days ago and im wrapt i have somewhere to voice my opinion and listen to others, you will see alot of me here as i have black and yellow blood!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome aboard alleycat. :)

I think this poll is really interesting. It's great so many have posted opinions as well as voting.

I'll e-mail it to the club in a few days, so if anyone has anything they want to say regarding membership post away. ;)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
EyeOfTheTiger said:
When I joined this site I read every single thread. Somewhere amongst them Koalalill posted that the admin have gone from one of the lowest paid last season to one of the highest paid this season.

What I said was the Footy Department not admin is now having the same amount of money spent on it as the other top clubs. This covers the admin of the footy dept (Miller & Hutchinson), recruiting, the coaching side of things.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Question 1 on the club membership survey was "why did you buy a membership". I crossed out all the stupid pre-prepared answers and wrote "because they are my club".
Of course I will renew my membership, 'cos I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.
As Captain Blood notes, it will be despite them, rather than because of them.
I will also be letting them know my feelings after that abysmal effort on Saturday. That was embarrassing. I recall sitting by myself in the rain watching our mid-80's side get flogged by 12 goals every week, and being proud of them because they had a go. They tried. Count on 1 hand the triers on Saturday. Shame on the rest of them.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Support the club- pay your memberships.
Change the club- VOTE! ;D
even better- stand for a position!

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
On current form I wouldn't bother travelling 5-6 minutes to watch us play. I'll renew but only in recognition of my latent sado-masochistic tendencies.

Maltese_Tiger

Glory Days Again
Feb 11, 2003
Australia
My own family which includes 6 and other family members will all be continuing to support the RFC by signing on as members next year. As mentioned in other posts we dont want to go back to the old days when only a few thousand would attend our matches. The club needs us now more than ever. But to all at the club we nned to know that this support is appreciated. How about some more interesting and innovative membership packages? Some resolve to fix the problem we have had over the last 20 years and to put a team on the park that actually plays for one another and not just focusing on our supposedly "Star" players. Come on Tigers we can all do it. I for one will do anytrhing to help this once great club to be feared again. To stop all those other supporters from putting us down and calling us a rabble. Lets start now by encouraging all "True Believers" to be behind the club.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I actually agree with you although for things to happen , you will need to change the board/Football Dept coach included as we are going NO WHERE at present with the current train of thought and structutrs in place and thats a FACT , not an opinion.
If we lose the last three games which is on the cards, its ONE win from 14 games. Whos fault is that,? well is not mine !

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I'll buy my membership again next year but I wonder how long I have to keep putting in before I see some returns?

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I'll wait and see what they say at year's end, and see what they do at draft/trade time. If there is only a half-hearted clean out and only a couple of kids drafted, I may not renew the whole family membership. And if there isn't a clear statement of direction regarding the list, then I'll reconsider.
I'm not going to bother going to watch dumb footballers like Fiora, Zantuck, plus various other duds next year. I want to go and see the kids play, and watch them develop a la Newman & Cogs.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Have been a Member since '83, will continue to do so 'til the day I drop. I live in Tassie, so I get stuff all for my money anyway, but thats not the point. True supporters stay, players,coaches & officials move on. When the supporters move on, the club will be stuffed. My 2 sons middle names are "Richmond" & "Francis" respectively. One day they will be proud to carry these names, my job is to stick around until they are.

spiritofrichmond

" I have a DREAM "
Jul 10, 2003
Blackburn
Just to read the thoughts ,aspirations and love for the RFC from all you beatiful Tiger supporters make my heart beat louder and faster.
If only we could inject some of this " PASSION " into the guys that are paid big bucks to represent our mighty Club !!
Rosy, do you realise what you have created here? None of the RFC administration's supporters survey would come within cooee of the true feelings that Richmond lovers exudes on this messageboard.
Keep it up you Tiger lovers...EAT 'EM ALIVE !!

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I really beleive the club should start repaying the wonderful loyal supporters by giving us success.
Only the Western Bulldogs have been bigger under achievers than Richmond in the past 20 years.

The only reason they bigger underacheivers is that Richmond have made 2 night grandfinals.

Of the other teams in the past 20 years (not including Fremantle & Port Adelaide), only Richmond and West Bulldogs havent reached the day (real) grand final.

Every team seems to have their cycle, but when is it going to be own turn ?

Should Richmond have had the success of an Essendon, I have no doubt we would have the biggest membership base of all clubs.

I previously said I was undecided in buying my membership. however, each year when the forms arrive, I straight away renew.

However, I am demanding success. At least give us finals football. What ever happened to the slogan "eat'em alive". We were once the most feared team, thats a thing of the past now. It's time the recuitment got it right and I am confident Greg Miller is the best person for the job. Watch the off season for the clean out.

Come on, let again be the Might Tigers

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I really beleive the club should start repaying the wonderful loyal supporters by giving us success.
Only the Western Bulldogs have been bigger under achievers than Richmond in the past 20 years.

The only reason they are bigger underacheivers is that Richmond have made 2 night grandfinals. (doesnt count for much)

Of the other teams in the past 20 years (not including Fremantle & Port Adelaide), only Richmond and West Bulldogs havent reached the day (real) grand final.

Every team seems to have their cycle, but when is it going to be own turn ?

Should Richmond have had the success of an Essendon, I have no doubt we would have the biggest membership base of all clubs.

I previously said I was undecided in buying my membership. however, each year when the forms arrive, I straight away renew.

However, I am demanding success. At least give us finals football. What ever happened to the slogan "eat'em alive". We were once the most feared team, thats a thing of the past now. It's time the recuitment got it right and I am confident Greg Miller is the best person for the job. Watch the off season for the clean out.

Come on, let again be the Might Tigers

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I will reneww my On The Bench membership package without a doubt. I would feel guilty if i didnt . I love the club despite our lack fo success. On The Bench is a small donation rather than anythign else, and as Icant get to gaems and realyl cannot afford any other type of membership I will stick with it. The club needs our support, I will support them. We are all in this together. There is no I in team.