Memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Memberships

What do you think you'll do at seasons end?

• Definitely renew.

Votes: 43 100.0%
  • Renew if Danny goes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not buy a membership.

• Undecided.

• Total voters

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Been a member since 1987 , cant see this year being any different. Although a letter may be in order

Let Roar

Khan

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Been a member since 1990. Can't see that changing. I won't the dills incharge spoil my enjoyment. Besides if I don't renew I'll have the toger mobile around harrassing me, and I won't receive important documents like the member survey of a few weeks back.
I love the club. My dad's a member, sees about 3 games a year, comes down from Echuca. My daughters don't know it yet but they're Richmond supporters too. We'll keep supporting the club, or there won't be a club to support.
Fair weather supporters give us the s@#ts. Stick through thick & thin.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
Richmond are killing my interest in football.

With a family, I cannot justify giving them any money next year, as we get nothing back - it will be better spent on something else. Richmond have done their dash with me. Go to your room, Richmond!

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
For years, I wasn't in a financial position
to fork out heap big $$ for memberships every year.
(That's 1 adult, 2 kids and seats - then there's
the various "functions" like the kids clinics etc
that cost $$ as well).

Now that I am, I intend to keep renewing - even
though it really is getting hard to justify the
amount - and the benefits - that is - seeing a
successful team are not currently present, I live
in hope that things will eventually improve.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
spiritofrichmond said:
Rosy, do you realise what you have created here? None of the RFC administration's supporters survey would come within cooee of the true feelings that Richmond lovers exudes on this messageboard.
Keep it up you Tiger lovers...EAT 'EM ALIVE !!

Thanks spirit. I am very proud to be of service in this case, ha.

The reason I didn't do the club e-survey was that there was no room for opinion. I found it very limited. I'd prefer a survey sent out in the mail with space to justify viewpoints.

I am e-mailing this thread to the club because of the fact that it represents the views of Tiger supporters.

The message here is that people clearly aren't happy with things at present.

Hungry, I understand what you're saying. The AFL is killing my passion for it with it's greed and uneveness.

I love Richmond and will never leave them but this year I've got far more pleasure attending games in the Ovens and Murray league this year.

Country football, where football is still for the people.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
I understand Rosy, I enjoy going and watching local footy more myself at the moment.

There is some other good news, too - Premier League soccer kicks off this week!

P

PuntRoadRoar

Laff said:
I will renew because the difference between me and that dud Frawley is I will be still there in 5 years

I totally agree,

I will also renew my membership as always, being an interstate member and not seeing them that often its more of a donation than a membership.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've been informed of someone registering a few times to vote for the buy a membership option and support for Danny so I've locked voting. It's supposed to be one vote per person.
Comments are still welcome though. I'm sure the club will be interested in reading them. ;)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
rosy3 said:
I've been informed of someone registering a few times to vote for the buy a membership option and support for Danny so I've locked voting. It's supposed to be one vote per person.
Comments are still welcome though. I'm sure the club will be interested in reading them. ;)

Whoever that person was should be ashamed of themselves and IMO should be banned from this site. This is a serious poll and as Rosy indicated she is going to email the club with the results.

Anyway I thought you could only vote once - how can you rig it?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Not sure if you can rig it really Harry. I get some idiotic e-mails at times and this one was probably just someone with nothing better to do with their time than try and stir things up a bit.
Believe it or not we do have a couple of serial nusciances around here. ::)
I locked the poll just in case someone does know how to rig it.
Comments are more important really anyway.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I wonder if there is any R.F.C coaching staff, directors etc registered and having a vote. ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Howcan you vote more than once, you click on it and then all you see is results in future. Doesnt make sense. If it is the case though it is not int the spirit of things.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
shawry said:
Howcan you vote more than once, you click on it and then all you see is results in future. Doesnt make sense. If it is the case though it is not int the spirit of things.

You rig the polls by registering under many usernames so you are then allowed many votes (one vote per username). Agree it's petty and childish Shawry.

Anyway I'll be renewing my membership. Just because Danny, Beck and co have done their best to continue a 20+ year tradition and stuff-up the club on-field, I won't be joining them by hurting the club off-field ( financially). Protest by all means via email, mail, phone, signs at the remaining matches telling spud to quit and/or go to the AGM. Just don't join Danny and the duds and hurt OUR Club as well.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I will be renewing my membership again, to me it is about the history of the club and the jumper. Even if the current players aren't making us proud, I just remember the players who came before them, how can we abandon them and the players who are coming after them.

Jack Dyer, Tom Hafey, Sheeds, Kevin Bartlett, Michael Roach, Bourkey (Francis not David), Knighters (we want a club for him to come back to) and one of my faves Benny Gale (sorry the tasmanian coming out in me) to name just a few.

We have a proud heritage and I am not letting them destroy that and either should any of you, a club is about the past, future and present.

GO TIGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
alleycat said:
Has there been a response back from the club in regard to this thread yet?

Rosy I would be interested in hearing the clubs resonse to this as well. It should set of some alarm bells if they are at all serious about their supporters

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The biggest worry with these survey results are that i'd imagine Tiger die hards are reading this forum board, and we only have 52% saying they'll definitely renew next year.

Bearing that in mind, what would be the result of this survey if it was put to every Richmond member?

My guess is that this figure would be closer to 30%

I WILL renew my membership next year as always, but these are the questions i'd like answered - clearly, NO DRIBBLE:

- why the support for a coach that either has no game plan, or cannot get the players to follow it?

- Why support a coach that concedes games eg. Essendon when only 27 points down at half time?

- Why support a coach that can't even say one sentence without putting a negative spin on it ie. "try and pinch the game" "we're a chance hopefully if we can close down their running game" etc etc

- Why support a coach that DOES NOT give the younger players a chance to get into the tempo of senior football?

- We have gutted our list outside our core players by recruiting hacks instead of youth. This has cost us 3 years of depth and development, the worst effects of which HAVE NOT been felt yet! The coach and the rest of the football dept HAVE TO BE held accountable for this.

I wonder whether Miller realises he stuffed up big time by removing the clause in Frawley's contract. This stuff up will be magnified if we were to sack Frawley at years end (which we all now know won't happen). Is Miller trying to save face by keeping Frawley on??? After all, the decision to remove the clause would cost us upward of $300,000 if we did drop the axe.

The whole situation makes me feel sick in the guts.