MEMO RFC - What's the go? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MEMO RFC - What's the go?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Dear Richmond Football Club,

As a member of this once proud football club I implore you to make a statement about the recent board resignations.

You mightn't realise it, but it's an abnormal situation and it's leading to a lot of dicussion and innuendo.

The members are the heart and soul of the RFC. They are the people who support the club through thick and thin. They are the people who's support is vital to the clubs very existance, yet you are ignoring them.

Of course they wonder. Of course they care. They'll still be there long after anyone working at the club has gone.

Why hasn't their been an official announcement about the resignations?

Why doesn't it rate a mention on the RFC site?

Why is our only option to read between the lines of some media articles that are probably reading between the lines themself.

It is a disgrace to let this go so long without any explanation at all.

The supporters of Richmond are more than membership revenue.

For once show them some respect and help them understand what's happening.

The silence is deafening and it's not good enough!

Go Tiges!

rosy3 said:

As a member of this once proud football club I implore you to make a statement about the recent board resignations.

Replace "implore" with "demand", and I'm right with you.

:mad:

rosy3 said:

Replace "implore" with "demand", and I'm right with you.

:mad:

Yep, they should fill the vacuum, otherwise others will, and usually with the worst possible scenerios.

Yeah I'm wondering what Ian Campbell thinks about all this. Haven't heard boo from him since the silly idea to turn Punt Road in to an entertainment mecca.

I agree they better make a statement before rumours start spreading that will hurt the club and the people involved.

The damage is already done.

Why aren't we told?
Because those in charge (namely Casey) have a superiority complex.

Spud was supposedly so upset at Tony Jewells criticism of him that the club decided to protect Danny from the media so he could get over it.
What a load of crap!
If he can't defend himself and accept criticism their is yet another reason for him to resign.

Not only will Frawley have an excuse for us having a poor start to the season, all this unstablilty within the board will ultimately filter through to the playing group.

20+ years of this sort of going on and it only gets worse and worse.

Goddammit RFC why are you so bloody hopeless at doing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Have you people only just realised , do you really think the RFC care about supporters ? If they did , they would let you know about whats happening at board level, they would of make certain that everyone got a pair of sun glasses as promised, not some crap excuse about over demand.
If they really cared, they would make certain everyone received there memberships before the first game.
All they worry about is money(revenue) and sponsorship deals

The go is as I see it.

Some board members, like 95% of us normal members and supporters can clearly see that Frawley is no good.

Simple really!

Next year when Casey and his puppet board morans re appoint Frawley, 50% of us members will refuse to renew our memberships.

I wont!

crackertiger said:
Next year when Casey and his puppet board morans re appoint Frawley, 50% of us members will refuse to renew our memberships.
I wont!

At this rate ASIC will close the club down anyway, as they may be trading illegally. So there won't be a club to join next year.

bigwow, I reckon you may be getting a bit ahead of yourself. On my reading, the corporate governance issues relate to board members not signing off accounts etc, not about trading when insolvent.
I'd guess, with all our current assets, that RFC would be far from insolvent. And even though our membership is up on last year (to this point) we still need a lot more members (ie over 25,000) to reach a positive position in relation to our budgeted income from membership.

Perhaps I am Dean, but there is now talk of a $2M loss for 2004, the ANZ Bank is playing hard ball over banking facilities, and we're going cap in had to the AFL to bail us out.
2 Board members have walked, and more are predicted to follow, and this is reportedly based on governance and financial issues.
My understanding was that Leon Daphne left the club in a sound financial position, there was actually money in the bank. Where has this gone? The club has still had 25K+ members for the last 3 years, and they are always crowing about sponsorship dollars flowing in. They have out sourced some of the costly internal functions to cut costs, but are still losing money.
This seems to me to be poor management, there must be something they're not telling us, and this concerns me, as a member (10yrs+) & supporter (Lifetime).
If they are reduced to rattling tins again at the end of this year, they'll do it without me. They promised better management, and disclosure after 1990. Obviously that promise is not being honoured by the current president.

The disgrace continues....

Do we believe all we read in the papers today Clinton?

Why don't we have an official explanation so we know there is no journalistic bias involved.

I feel sick in the guts reading about our club today....Thanks for keeping us in the dark Richmond.

You might pay for this when memberships come up for renewal. Your inconsideration towards loyal followers astounds me. :mad:

rosy3 said:
The disgrace continues....

You might pay for this when memberships come up for renewal.  Your inconsideration towards loyal followers astounds me.  :mad:

Why should the club suffer due to these people.......just get 100 members to call an EGM and have these people booted out of OUR club........its our club, not theirs.

Harry said:
Why should the club suffer due to these people

I agree Harry. I don't think they should. Doesn't mean there isn't a danger of it happeing though.

Their are a lot of angry people sick of the clubs aloofness and indifference towards them.

Dean3 said:
And even though our membership is up on last year (to this point) we still need a lot more members (ie over 25,000) to reach a positive position in relation to our budgeted income from membership.

Dean

I think the point being made is that "at this time of year our forecast cash flow is $500 k down, despite membership being 30% up". Imagine if membership as at 25/3/04 was the same as at 25/3/03.