Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

There has been a suggestion that North are looking at Mutaz in the MSD. It was also mentioned on the talking tigers podcast.
Wouldn’t augur well for their off season KPD recruits in Toby Pink and Biggie Nyuon.

Reactions: 1 user
There has been a suggestion that North are looking at Mutaz in the MSD. It was also mentioned on the talking tigers podcast.
All because X is there now. Let's hope we can grab him before they do. They should start focusing on trading for experienced players and stop on the younger ones.

Time to fake a supposed 8 week injury on the eve of the MSD? Surely wouldn't be hard to believe coming out of 'damned" RFC atm. Like a supposed cartilage tear that turns out to be false upon subsequent MRI /scans, whatever.

Surely, just another thing the doofus AFL honchos have got wrong? Why does the club that identifies, recruits and develops quality VFL players not have the first right to them?
Because they're not in Northern academies? Sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Not sure we need a player that can pack mark and kick goals?
Surely not when there's plenty of HBFs and SFs running around. We'll probably be looking at the smallest midgets available and going from there.

At least we know they will draw plenty of frees playing for us! o_O

FWIW Cal Twomey the so called expert on the AFL site, doesn’t even mention Mutaz when talking MSD

Saw a FoxSports article claiming the Skunks VFL Jack Hutchinson likely No.1 pick. Citing other likelies too.

There's Oskar Smart (Essendon VFL, small forward) too there for us if we want to stick one back up Dodoro. But personally really don't think we want to get another SF. SEN article on their site citing the Lions are definitely looking to take 3 or 4. Need to 'sidetrack' El Nour, Street? and any others that are likely MSD entries.
If that's possible.

Big write up in today's Hun about Matty Elliott's young bloke Will. 202cm agile forward / ruck. Was in Oakleigh's junior squad then missed a year of footy due to covid, then a year due to a knee. Captained their side as an over ager n missed out in the draft. Playing for Preston Bullants at the moment, a stand alone VFL club that gets flogged on a regular basis, but he seems to be playing some decent footy.
Still only 19 going on 20 this year, would be the type of player prospect that would suit developing up through mid season or rookie drafts especially in comparison to trying out Basketball lumps that have never played footy as Cat B prospects.
Was a whiff of a chance last year MSD , didn’t realise he’s playing VFL that’s good there’s a few prospects emerge

Saw a FoxSports article claiming the Skunks VFL Jack Hutchinson likely No.1 pick. Citing other likelies too.

There's Oskar Smart (Essendon VFL, small forward) too there for us if we want to stick one back up Dodoro. But personally really don't think we want to get another SF. SEN article on their site citing the Lions are definitely looking to take 3 or 4. Need to 'sidetrack' El Nour, Street? and any others that are likely MSD entries.
If that's possible.

Would rather go kpp than a flanker type , his numbers aren’t that unreal , if cumbo as straighter he’d kill that

Would rather go kpp than a flanker type , his numbers aren’t that unreal , if cumbo as straighter he’d kill that
Don't worry; I'm with you. We have ample smalls IMHO but injuries to Lynch and Balta et al really exposed us. Luckily Lefau has come on and filled the void a little bit, as much as can be expected from a VFL mature upgrade in first AFL season.

I like the sound of Hutchinson as a player because can go into the midfield effectively it claims as well as medium-tall forward ... but have to hope Norf realise they have a stack of that type. :unsure:

I like Archie May. 197 and about 95kg. Good contested mark, quick and really good below his knees , BUT, he is a project. Still only 19.

Reactions: 5 users
This might sound horrible but is it not time to Capuano Collina? Obviously his body cannot handle the AFL game. Please educate me if I am wrong but it just makes no sense to me. He is occupying a rookie spot. This is a Mid season rookie draft.... Why are we wasting time?

I like Archie May. 197 and about 95kg. Good contested mark, quick and really good below his knees , BUT, he is a project. Still only 19.
Yep. Someone like Archie or an Elliott. Young KPP type who's missed out in the draft then does a season or two at VFL type level. Never any guarantees, but big blokes often take an extra year or two to grow into their bodies, plus the fact that there's also a fair bunch of kids that also need an extra year or two to grow up n get ready for the commitment required for AFL level footy.

This might sound horrible but is it not time to Capuano Collina? Obviously his body cannot handle the AFL game. Please educate me if I am wrong but it just makes no sense to me. He is occupying a rookie spot. This is a Mid season rookie draft.... Why are we wasting time.
Cat B so he's not actually occupying anyone's list spot. Third season in and this is his second season of shuffling around with a dodgy back, reckon we might have blundered badly with this one.