Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

GOOD FIND OLD CHAP.

I'm a fan. Him or our boy Weckert, let's take a punt.

Also hearing that Muz in our VFL side has 5 clubs talking to him. Hawks are super keen. And Lachie Wilson has a few clubs sniffing around him.
No surprise on Lachie Wilson.
Walked up from the northern factory. 2 x bnf in the league. Then steps up at vfl level.
Baller.
So he is short. Doesnt meet list needs.
But he likely steps up again at AFL.
I wouldnt throw the toys out if we pick him

Reactions: 1 user
Dunno but they tipped us MC Fkn-A and The Force last year.

So we might need to use our first pick if we want Mutley
DO we want Mutaz that badly?
With Gibcus and Brown i'd still look at Jasper

Walked up from the northern factory. 2 x bnf in the league. Then steps up at vfl level.
Baller.
He asks Caleb Daniel to get items off the bottom shelf for him. But he is a baller.

DO we want Mutaz that badly?
With Gibcus and Brown i'd still look at Jasper
Buggered if I know, dell. Think tall forward the priority if good enough. Think I like the SA boy better.

He asks Caleb Daniel to get items off the bottom shelf for him. But he is a baller.

Buggered if I know, dell. Think tall forward the priority if good enough. Think I like the SA boy better.
We will be kicking ourselves if we overlook Mutley.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't worry; I'm with you. We have ample smalls IMHO but injuries to Lynch and Balta et al really exposed us. Luckily Lefau has come on and filled the void a little bit, as much as can be expected from a VFL mature upgrade in first AFL season.

I like the sound of Hutchinson as a player because can go into the midfield effectively it claims as well as medium-tall forward ... but have to hope Norf realise they have a stack of that type. :unsure:
Well if he goes into midfield he’s not having much impact , he’s avg 9p a game ,,,a big no thanks , we need a kpp big time

GOOD FIND OLD CHAP.

I'm a fan. Him or our boy Weckert, let's take a punt.

Also hearing that Muz in our VFL side has 5 clubs talking to him. Hawks are super keen. And Lachie Wilson has a few clubs sniffing around him.
Yea I reckon muz goes first 4-5 pics ,,,has been good Wilson, only small tho but impacts ea week

Baller.
172 same as pres , maybe lambo we’ve been very good in VFL , I bet recruiters are scouring our games

Edit
Baker 173 pres 175 lambo 178

Anyone know much about Liam McMahon. Was on the Pies list, played 4 VFL games for Carlton this year for 9.3. Averaging 6 marks a game.

We know him through family. Great kid and didn’t really get an opportunity at Collingwood. Got moved around a bit and couldn’t settle in a position. Haven’t seen him play live, only TV. Has managed to bulk up a bit but still needs more strength. I believe he’s in the leadership group at Carlton VFL (might even be VC). Missed the first couple of games through suspension this year. Massive Richmond supporter as a kid, was at 2017 GF.

Reactions: 8 users
We know him through family. Great kid and didn’t really get an opportunity at Collingwood. Got moved around a bit and couldn’t settle in a position. Haven’t seen him play live, only TV. Has managed to bulk up a bit but still needs more strength. I believe he’s in the leadership group at Carlton VFL (might even be VC). Missed the first couple of games through suspension this year. Massive Richmond supporter as a kid, was at 2017 GF.

Thanks for the insight. Seemed to be swung by Carlton VFL into the ruck a bit in 2023, but his goal kicking stats look pretty good from around halfway through 2023. From Round 7 2023 to Round 6 2024, he has played 15 games averaging 10 disposals, 5 marks, 1.8 goals, 1.1 behinds.

I saw his name in an article on the AFL website regarding players being looked at for the MSD, so was interested.

Noah Howes - South Adelaide. Only a young lad but is a very likely key forward

Noah Howes - South Adelaide. Only a young lad but is a very likely key forward
NOAH HOWES (South Adelaide) Key forward, 18, 196cm

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.
----------------------------------------------------
From u16's -
#23 Noah Howes

Exciting forward, Howes booted five goals and very nearly lifted his side to victory at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval. Another member of South’s triumphant Under 16 side, Howes looked very threatening on the lead, using his athleticism and speed to gain separation. At times he appeared the most damaging player on the field, with the Panthers clearly looking to get it into his hands up forward. Four of his five goals came in the first half, including a terrific set shot effort from beyond the arc. Also impressive was his willingness to follow-up at ground level, laying five tackles to go with nine disposals.

Baller.
He’s 26yo this year that won’t help him unfortunately

NOAH HOWES (South Adelaide) Key forward, 18, 196cm

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.
----------------------------------------------------
From u16's -
#23 Noah Howes

Exciting forward, Howes booted five goals and very nearly lifted his side to victory at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval. Another member of South’s triumphant Under 16 side, Howes looked very threatening on the lead, using his athleticism and speed to gain separation. At times he appeared the most damaging player on the field, with the Panthers clearly looking to get it into his hands up forward. Four of his five goals came in the first half, including a terrific set shot effort from beyond the arc. Also impressive was his willingness to follow-up at ground level, laying five tackles to go with nine disposals.
He really moves well , like elite well . Of the talls mooted , he looks the most talented

Reactions: 1 users
Are we keen on him , has a nice rap sheet

I'd ask Caleb to get items off the bottom shelf too. He's well versed in a static pickup. Our boy is a midfielder