MILLER ON MMM AT MIDDAY TOMORROW | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MILLER ON MMM AT MIDDAY TOMORROW

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
MMM have just said that Greg MILLER will join MMM at Midday tomorrow.

Someone please post on here the outcome of that little interview. Will be real interested to hear what he has to say now...

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
from what i remember:
MMM:how many players would be turned over?
GM:the systems only allows up to 6-7 players.
MMM:you were seen walking with danny at halftime and at fulltime?
GM:nothing into it.just protecting spud form the richmond faithful ;D
MMM:what do you think is wrong with the team.
GM:lack of confidence.eg:tivendale missed some targets last night which normally he wouldnt.
MMM:cant rememeber the question but gregs reply.
GM:the short list is not because of the salary cap but more to do with the lack of talent last year in the draft.why pay a player 60 grand for a 5% chance of making it.
thats all i can remember hope that helped TD

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
This interveiw with Hammerhead was like all of his other crap he goes on with that Frawley is a good coach with no players. Mark Robinson during it said to Hammerhead surely Frawel is resposible for the dud list and he didn't really say much. Miller is not the answer

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Conscise and informative Laffs.
If Miller hasnt got the balls to sack Frawley he can pss off too.

P

PuntRoadRoar

ok if we can only get rid of 6 or 7 from the list then who are they?

King
Biddescum
Hoolahoop
Rory
Pitiful
Mills
and one D.Fraudley ;D

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Miller knows what he's doing.

He took the Kangapoo's to 2 flags on a shoestring budget and managed to swindle the Swannies out of The Rooter (Carey) and The Horse (Longmire).

Yeah, I heard the interview and it was very polished and MMM gave him a wrap for coming on twice within 24 hours, but I think he's the man.

The panel also asked him if Craig Lambert had been approached for an assistant coaching role next year, of course he denied that, which means yes.

No doubt, there are a lot of backyard deals/draft strategies going on right now. Stay tuned for carnage.

tigerknights1

we have seen better days
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
Thank you for the summary of the Greg Miller interview, I didn't get a chance to hear it. I don't know much about the administrative side of things but I reckon Richmond's in a better shape than they were a few years back.

I'm willing to lay my bets on Greg Miller for a little while longer, he knows what it's like to have your team with its back to the wall and still fight. Someone said we need more people with a winning culture, Greg Miller seems to know what it takes to get that. Lets not dump such experience just yet.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Greg also said that he'll be sitting down at the end of the year and sifting through the TPP (Total Player Payments). He mentioned he'll be looking to keep some players on the same salaries while lowering others to get the TPP down. Don't how you can do this without breaking existing contracts but possibly it could mean the difference whether certain players are traded or not.

Along the same lines it was also mentioned we want players who want to be part of a premiership side first and foremost (as opposed to chasing $$$).

He was also asked, "if you think you don't have the cattle now, did you think you had the cattle when the Tigers were 6-2?"
Greg said (I didn't catch it all), he didn't as he thought the young guys would drop off as the season progressed. Ironically it was the younger guys who stood up on Friday night.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
LMAO great avatar!!!!!!!
Heard the interview too - not much in it at all -typical yeah nah look approach .
I have to commend TRIPLE M for having a great section on the tiges before the miller interview and weighing up the clubs pros and cons .