Miller's continual comments | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Miller's continual comments

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
TigerFurious said:
If we hired a good coach all our onfield problems would disappear very quickly.

TF are you saying that if we had say Matthews, Malthouse or Sheedy coaching us and using todays list (no changes) that the likes King, Bidders, Pettifer, Houlihan, Mills would be better palyers?

P

PuntRoadRoar

Koalalill,

I think TF meant if we had a Matthews, Malthouse or a Sheedy then we wouldnt have dud players like king,bidders,pettifer,houlihan,mills on our list to begin with.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
PuntRoadRoar said:
Koalalill,

I think TF meant if we had a Matthews, Malthouse or a Sheedy then we wouldnt have dud players like king,bidders,pettifer,houlihan,mills on our list to begin with.

Yep, thats what I meant. Thanks PRR

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
Dean3 said:
You misunderstand TigerFuriouslyobsessed. I'm on the RFC Stability-and-stick-to-the-plan Fan Club. Which would put you and your nom-de-plumes in the panic-and-sack-the-coach Fan Club, which has unfortunately reigned supreme for the past 20-odd years. ;D

Richmond's problem over the last 20 years hasn't been sacking coaches.

Its not being able to appoint the right coach.

If we hired a good coach all our onfield problems would disappear very quickly.
what like all the good coach,s who fell over themselves back in 2000 to coach us? ::)

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I fail to see how any coach could make Mills, Bidders, King & Houlihan better players. Pettifer? Maybe, but Danny didn't make him frightened of the ball ;D

All clubs, including those administered by the 'supercoaches', have duds on their list. Our mistake was not to put a red line through some of them after 2001. I don't think we'll make that mistake this time around.