Miller's continual comments | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Miller's continual comments

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Spot on The Boss.

You might get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Houlihan but not 2nd. I doubt anyone would be interested in Rogers at 30+. The only thing in Buck's favour is the fact he is eligible for our veterans list (ours and no-one elses). So that in itself frees up salary cap space. As for Hilton - it is debatable what you may get for him.

As for Ottens, I am surprised at this talk about him being home sick again (thought it seems to be a yearly thing). He is contracted until the end of next year and he wouldn't offered as trade bait.

I believe that if Leon Cameron wants to keep playing - then he will. I think Duncan is more likely to retire than Leon.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
TigerFurious said:
I can't think of another club especially a successful club like Brisbane, Port, Essendon or even Collingwood where someone other than the head coach is setting the future direction of the football department.

Good on those Clubs for being able to appoint a 'super coach'. I wonder why we haven't got one of them?

We've made a rod for our own back, so now we have to deal with the situation as best as possible. If that's a way to do it, so be it.

Who cares who makes these decisions anyway, as long as someone is and everyone is going in the same direction?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
PuntRoadRoar: Remember we are playing short on our list too which will contribute to us having more than jsut the 4 picks of the 4 delisted players you mentioned.

Miller will be aggressive, i have no doubt about it. I like his style.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
A well balanced and accurate post Tigerfurious as usual. We'll need a baby sitter for frawely when Miller is out of town. ;D. Dean - Frawely has had 4 years with nothing to show. Its like saying - "yes I'm guilty your honor but my mums here to look after me now" ;D

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
I think its good that Miller is reforming the football department and setting the future direction of recruitng and the playing list but shouldn't Frawley as Head Coach be doing this?

Frawley is well into his 4th season as coach yet the club felt it necessary to bring in outside help to hold his hand and actually set the football department on the right track. To me this speaks volumes of Danny Frawley's inability to do his job properly.

I can't think of another club especially a successful club like Brisbane, Port, Essendon or even Collingwood where someone other than the head coach is setting the future direction of the football department.
what a load of crap!then why do these clubs have the likes of grubby allan,balme,etc if that was the case?

P

PuntRoadRoar

The Boss,

I totally agree with you and the reason why i didnt add Rogers & Houlihan to the delistings was because i doubt there will be enough decent kids left in the draft by the time we get to our 6th or 7th pick.

That why i had them as trade material, ok 2nd round isnt realistic i agree maybe 5th round for those 2 hacks if we are lucky LOL

anyway i was just trying to get people thoughts going in regards to who stays and goes.

Go tiges!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
TF I agree that it is a good thing that MILLER is providing most of the direction. He know the direction you need to head to win Premiership.

I think the reason he has taken such a front foot approach is to take some of the pressure of Spud so that he can concentrate on what he is supposed too. (Not that I am convinced its working to well yet).

I think MILLER privately acknowledged that Spud was becoming the media chopping board and wasn't good at the Media stuff anyway, so removed him from the spotlight a bit.

Agree though with J2R that other clubs do have people like BALMY and Co who have significant input to the direction of the club. Just that the other club have more high profile coaches who handle the media better.

I remember MALTHOUSE being an absolute shocker in the media in his early days.

Give MILLER the reigns and see what he produces. There is no one else there at the moment who is going to have an impact on our onfield results.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
One name not on this site but should be, he's big ,take a mark sometimes and is slow and getting slower and very much over paid !!dutchy!!
Hold him up for trade bait like he held the club for ranson.He was slow before the knee and will be a lot slower now.Any more good S A players want to come home to VIC.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Dean3 said:
I think it is entirely appropriate for the Director of Football to reform the football department.

IMO, for some the need to bring Frawley down and criticise his every move and attribute every negative aspect of the team to him has become an obsession.

Breath of fresh air Dean3. Good to see someone else has an understanding of how a good football club should work.

I have knowledge that Frawley is damn annoyed with the list that the Tigers have, and everyone in the club knows it. He wont be discarded as he is a very good coach. You can only operate with the cattle you have on the field. Are all those people saying he's no good, all of a sudden start saying Pagen is no good at Carlton? I doubt it. Give Spud a decent list, and watch him grow as a coach.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
BA how can you think that Frawley himself hasn't played a huge part in the list being in the state that it's in??

Obviously he isn't solely responsible but c'mon!

Welcome to P.R.E by the way also. 8)

Is it just me or have there been many new posters lately?? I wonder if that is a TripleM thing or just so many losses in a row that forced poor old Tiger fans to find an outlet to vent their feelings.....

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
Am here courtesy of MMM. How did a treasure like this site hide away for so long. Great effort whoever made it.
Long live the voice of the Tiger Army.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Frawley may have potential as a farmer, but as a coach I'd put in the same 'potential' bracket as Pettifer - none at all!!!

Off with Frawley's head I say - just look at our game plan........that's right, we don't have one. Who initiates a game plan??? The coach who happens to be a DUD!!!
We all know that our list is a joke, but the style of footy we play has not changed in 4 years which unfortunately is a losing plan, instigated by a loser of a coach.

Frawleys lovers, wake up and smell the potatoes!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
ILoveNewman - your knowledge of what is required to make a successful club is second to none. The clowns down at punt road circus will find out the hard way that the man-with-no-plan-frawely needs to be deep fried.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
BalmyArmy said:
Dean3 said:
I think it is entirely appropriate for the Director of Football to reform the football department.

IMO, for some the need to bring Frawley down and criticise his every move and attribute every negative aspect of the team to him has become an obsession.

Breath of fresh air Dean3. Good to see someone else has an understanding of how a good football club should work.

I have knowledge that Frawley is damn annoyed with the list that the Tigers have, and everyone in the club knows it. He wont be discarded as he is a very good coach. You can only operate with the cattle you have on the field. Are all those people saying he's no good, all of a sudden start saying Pagen is no good at Carlton? I doubt it. Give Spud a decent list, and watch him grow as a coach.

Same old tired argument from Frawley's Fan Club.

When will you all accept that Frawley is responsible for the state of the list?

BTW Welcome aboard BA, happy posting ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Tigerdog said:
BA how can you think that Frawley himself hasn't played a huge part in the list being in the state that it's in??

Obviously he isn't solely responsible but c'mon!

Welcome to P.R.E by the way also. 8)

Is it just me or have there been many new posters lately?? I wonder if that is a TripleM thing or just so many losses in a row that forced poor old Tiger fans to find an outlet to vent their feelings.....

Yeah I've noticed in the last couple of days theres been heaps of new members.

Maybe we can have some input from these new guys - some new ideas on how we can get rid of Frawely.

I particularly like greektiger - he's been gagged of late but he's a breath of fresh air.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
You misunderstand TigerFuriouslyobsessed. I'm on the RFC Stability-and-stick-to-the-plan Fan Club. Which would put you and your nom-de-plumes in the panic-and-sack-the-coach Fan Club, which has unfortunately reigned supreme for the past 20-odd years. ;D

P

PuntRoadRoar

yes harry i too found greektiger most entertaining, shame some of his posts were found to be offensive.

D.Frawley is a DUD !!!!

Add the left over peas and carrots (king,pitiful, houlahoop biddescum..this list could go on), smash him up and what we have left is bubble and squeek as our footy team.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
You misunderstand TigerFuriouslyobsessed. I'm on the RFC Stability-and-stick-to-the-plan Fan Club. Which would put you and your nom-de-plumes in the panic-and-sack-the-coach Fan Club, which has unfortunately reigned supreme for the past 20-odd years. ;D

Richmond's problem over the last 20 years hasn't been sacking coaches.

Its not being able to appoint the right coach.

If we hired a good coach all our onfield problems would disappear very quickly.