Mitch Banner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mitch Banner

dreamtime07

Only known cross of its kind,pittbull,irishhound
Mar 21, 2007
I see that Mitch Banner starred for port in the nab cup match against the crows,17 disposals,5 tackles,2 goals.Knew it 2 years ago he was gonna be a gun,and we swapped pick 42 for thompson,and port took Banner with that pick.

Danog said:
How exactly did you "know it"
Dunno how he knew it but he spent a hell of a lot of time singing and dancing about Mitch a couple of years ago.
One good practice match hardly makes a successful AFL career but at least it's better than tripping over your shoelaces or taking out a teammate in your first game.

Tigers of Old said:
Think I'll put him on the bench for SC.
One things for sure ToO, Mitch was a ball magnet in the U18s so you could do a hell of a lot worse.

Barlow another who racked them up in NAB match. 11 kicks and 18 handballs playing in guts against Melbournes new top picks. As stated in article, averaged 30 disposals in VFL last year. Likely to be upgraded rookie to start year replacing Soloman.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89742/default.aspx

RedanTiger said:
Barlow another who racked them up in NAB match. 11 kicks and 18 handballs playing in guts against Melbournes new top picks. As stated in article, averaged 30 disposals in VFL last year. Likely to be upgraded rookie to start year replacing Soloman.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89742/default.aspx

They could replace Solomon with their cheer squad President and it would be an upgrade.

But I must say, Barlow was very impressive.

He was very, very good tonight. Let's hope Thomson steps up this season.

Barlow follows last week with most possessions in the Port/North match with 27 (11 kicks, 16 hballs). Also 3 tackles and 7 marks. Not too shabby to get most disposals two games in a row even if it is Cup games although next week against Saints will be real step up in class. Harvey gave him another low key rap on the AFL site.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90013/default.aspx

davidrodan said:
Maybe we can give dreamtime07 a special dispensation and he can be Mitch's president ;D
Just about Port's best again against bulldogs,not bad for a 19 yr old. ;D ;D ;D

dreamtime07 said:
I see that Mitch Banner starred for port in the nab cup match against the crows,17 disposals,5 tackles,2 goals.Knew it 2 years ago he was gonna be a gun,and we swapped pick 42 for thompson,and port took Banner with that pick.

just chalk it up as another trade blunder by us, Banner is going to be a great player :-\

Half time at Dockers Port match at Subiaco.M.Banner leading dream team player starting from bench.11 kicks,5 h-balls,3 tackles,1 goal and leading inside 50s on the ground with 5 ;D

dreamtime07 said:
Half time at Dockers Port match at Subiaco.M.Banner leading dream team player starting from bench.11 kicks,5 h-balls,3 tackles,1 goal and leading inside 50s on the ground with 5 ;D

I'm watching the game, he's going to be a very good player. Giving away picks for both Thomson and Hislop in a very strong draft was a huge mistake.