Mitch Banner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mitch Banner

Barnzy said:
I'm watching the game, he's going to be a very good player. Giving away picks for both Thomson and Hislop in a very strong draft was a huge mistake.
A bomber friend of mine and myself who have both not worked in years spend literaly hours every week watching vids and stats throughout the year and i don't often call a player unless i'm certain,but when i call one,i know the are gonna be better than average.Would offer for free to get on any recruiting panel as watching draft prospects all year has become a huge addiction.One more to look out for is David Mele,will be a gun!

dreamtime07 said:
A bomber friend of mine and myself who have both not worked in years spend literaly hours every week watching vids and stats throughout the year and i don't often call a player unless i'm certain,but when i call one,i know the are gonna be better than average.Would offer for free to get on any recruiting panel as watching draft prospects all year has become a huge addiction.One more to look out for is David Mele,will be a gun!
Geez! Sitting on your arse watching kiddies play football, without actually being employed to do so. Some kind of addiction, just don't let the coppers catch you doing it. They may ask difficult questions.

Tigers of Old said:
Any chance to get another go? Numbers very impressive at South Freo.
I would have thought so but who knows with the mature age players. Teams are just as likely to pluck someone from nowhere.

dreamtime07 said:
Isn't this Dreamtime guy the guy who gave Rosy a terribly difficult time? And his 2 big certainties were Mitch Banner and David Mele?

FWIW I loved Banner as a junior. Possession gatherer, hard ball getter, could slip forward for a goal.

If I liked him he's probably no good but, in a shallow draft year, I would draft him as a rookie. Would prefer him to Thomas for sure.

BrisTiger24 said:
FWIW I loved Banner as a junior. Possession gatherer, hard ball getter, could slip forward for a goal.

If I liked him he's probably no good but, in a shallow draft year, I would draft him as a rookie. Would prefer him to Thomas for sure.

Agree totally different player but would prefer Banner to Thomas as a rookie

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Mitch Banner was de-listed in 2012 by Port?

His stats look quite impressive for a junior that played AFL between 19-21yo, especially the consistent goal kicking.
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/M/Mitchell_Banner.html

Tried to look up Banner's WAFL stats over the last year, but it appears that someone named Nabilah from Indonesia has pirated the WAFL site.

Phantom said:
Can anyone enlighten me as to why Mitch Banner was de-listed in 2012 by Port?

His stats look quite impressive for a junior that played AFL between 19-21yo, especially the consistent goal kicking.
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/M/Mitchell_Banner.html

Tried to look up Banner's WAFL stats over the last year, but it appears that someone named Nabilah from Indonesia has pirated the WAFL site.

I always saw Banner as a poor man's Priddis, he completely lacks any hurt factor with his disposal and falls welll short on Priddis's consistent 30 touches and half a dozen tackles.

bullus_hit said:
I always saw Banner as a poor man's Priddis, he completely lacks any hurt factor with his disposal and falls welll short on Priddis's consistent 30 touches and half a dozen tackles.

Bit rough BH.

If you compare avg stats for their first two years of AFL:

Priddis (21yo and 22yo): 23 disposals, 5 tackles, 0.4 goals

Banner (19yo and 20yo): 16 disposals, 2 tackles, 0.8 goals

I don't think the difference is that stark when you consider that Priddis was 2 years older when starting AFL and played in an Eagles premiership year and then a top 5 finish. Compare that with Banner who played in dud Port teams finishing outside of the 8 (winning 10 and 3 games respectively in his 2 years). Banner may get a few less possies and tackles but doubles Priddis' goal tally.

In any event, I wonder what Chocco thinks of him, having coached him at Port?

Just read in Inside Footy he,s signed with Willy for 2014.