Mods over stepping the mark? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mods over stepping the mark?

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Before I suffer what will be imposed. I think this is a thread that should remain open. It should be discussed and users should be able to share concerns.

So hopefully the mods are happy enough to have this thread open, so us posters may be able to post a point of view.

now to my issue

I had a thread closed and locked yesterday ( mods right to do so, so didn't worry to much about it)

however what I am worried about, is after the thread was closed another moderator, then re-opened the locked thread, posted to have a dig at me, and then locked the thread again.

I had no right of reply, how can they keep posting to have a dig at someone, but the same chance not be given to the poster to reply. I had a serious question in the thread in the first place, and accepted the thread being locked after.

I find this issue worrying, verging on abuse of mod powers.

call me a whinger all you like - its a forum, and one I love and have spent a long time on.

anyway would appreciate an answer.

For a start, my post wasn't meant as a dig at you. I was serious. You made assumptions in your post and based unfounded critcism of the people that provide this site to you free of charge from those assumptions. Rather than do that I think it'd be better if you gave us the benefit of the doubt before having a crack at the decisions we make.

As for the thread being locked, I didn't see that when I made my comment. If I had I would've PM'ed you instead and I'll delete it now anyway.

In future, if you have a problem with the moderating of this site I suggest you contact us privately and the rules state.

So you didn't read Rosys post that she was locking the thread.

and I also take it from your that then when a thread is locked, it doesn't mean locked for a moderator, only locked for us other members, allowing mods to continue discussions with no right of reply from others.

I have had little to no concerns with your moderating in the past so this isn't personal, but it worries me, that I have no right of reply, but mods can keep the topic going themselves in any way they wish.

I also deliberately put these threads in this sub forum, as the main boards aren't a place for these threads.

Yeah, I should have noticed that. My bad.

Mods have permission to post in locked threads (fairly standard) but rarely do we do it and certainly not to have a dig at someone who can't reply.

This sub forum is for help with diffuculties using the site, suggestions, etc. As the rules state "Moderating decisions won't be discussed publicly".

Fair dinkum U2 what part of please contact the mods privately if you have any issues don't you understand? It seems you want to draw attention to yourself with your public grandstanding. You won't find too many forums that tolerate public criticism of the mods. The fact is you seem to have your bee in a bonnet about another poster's situation. A situation either he lied to you about or you have embellished for maximum effect.

rosy23 said:
Fair dinkum U2 what part of please contact the mods privately if you have any issues don't you understand? It seems you want to draw attention to yourself with your public grandstanding. You won't find too many forums that tolerate public criticism of the mods. The fact is you seem to have your bee in a bonnet about another poster's situation. A situation either he lied to you about or you have embellished for maximum effect.

fair dinkum.

whats with your reply.

this thread is about, what I felt was a mod having a dig at me, on a thread you had closed. I have no problem with the thread being closed, you answered in that thread at the time.

surely having mods continue it on (maybe mistakingly) whilst on has no chance to reply, is a worrying thing.

maybe I don't know the full story in reference to the other topic, however I made comments and won't keep that going, although lastly I will say I trust that poster fully. I will drop this, but why are you mods getting so precious, another worrying trend.

look consider it dropped, Disco was good enough to respond.

This site is provided free of charge for people to enjoy. It's certainly not compulsory for anyone to post here. If the actions of the mods, who generously give a lot of time so the site runs well, are so worrying to you and you insist on ignoring feel free to leave. Interestingly it's typical of the loudest detractors to have never put their own hand up to help when requests have been made.

If you want to question Mods actions I repeat the request for you to do so in private. They of course are not obliged to respond if they consider the contact unreasonable.