Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don’t know him personally so I can’t agree or disagree. But good on him, he didn’t appreciate the “ joke” about his wife’s medical condition being publicised for a cheap laugh.
I think it was a f*kwit comment. It deserved the reaction IMO. Well done.
I didn't know about the joke. Still.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The joke was pretty innocuous. If hitting someone for telling that joke is ok then the no one will ever tell a joke relating to a person again.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
The joke was pretty innocuous. If hitting someone for telling that joke is ok then the no one will ever tell a joke relating to a person again.
Sorry mate, I disagree.
To make a “joke” about someone’s medical condition isn’t that funny at all. Regardless of what it is. Some people are sensitive about what others might find “funny”. Especially in public and broadcast worldwide.
Surely with all his comedic experience to draw on CRock could have found other material.
It was probably meant to be lighthearted, but backfired.
I wouldn’t class that as a hit. (unless it was on me ) It was a slap. Michael Christian would likely to find no case to answer or a minor fine only.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Saw it on the news, Smith was all happy n laughing along till his missus gave him the stink eye n probably told him there wasn't going to be a happy ending to the night.
Lame joke n pathetic over the top reaction. Fairly pitiful of Rock to just stand there n receive a *smile* slappin off Smith, should have elevated n made a proper exhibition for Hollywood's wank fest night.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sorry mate, I disagree.
To make a “joke” about someone’s medical condition isn’t that funny at all. Regardless of what it is. Some people are sensitive about what others might find “funny”. Especially in public and broadcast worldwide.
Surely with all his comedic experience to draw on CRock could have found other material.
It was probably meant to be lighthearted, but backfired.
I wouldn’t class that as a hit. (unless it was on me ) It was a slap. Michael Christian would likely to find no case to answer or a minor fine only.
I’m sure Smith has never told a joke at someone’s expense. :rolleyes:

*smile* reaction and follow up tears from a bloke so far removed from reality he almost doesn’t exist.

Reactions: 3 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Saw it on the news, Smith was all happy n laughing along till his missus gave him the stink eye n probably told him there wasn't going to be a happy ending to the night.
Lame joke n pathetic over the top reaction. Fairly pitiful of Rock to just stand there n receive a *smile* slappin off Smith, should have elevated n made a proper exhibition for Hollywood's wank fest night.
Will seemed more upset (well, upset when Jada told him he needed to be upset) with a lame and slightly tasteless joke, than the fact that Jada has sex with other men. Oh well, at least he defended the honour of Jada's boyfriends.

Just more people so far removed from reality that their heads have disappeared up the arse of Hollywood’s debauched cultural decadence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I hope Smith's made to hand back the award & has his career flushed. Appalling & unacceptable behaviour to use violence. No excuses in spite of his wife's unfortunate hair loss & a crass joke by Rock.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Anyone else think its a bit rich, ironic, hypocritical that an industry that peddles ultraviolence is outraged by a slap?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Were they outraged? Smith got a standing ovation when he received his award a few minutes later. Sucker-punched a bloke a foot shorter than him. Big man.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Were they outraged? Smith got a standing ovation when he received his award a few minutes later. Sucker-punched a bloke a foot shorter than him. Big man.
Fair call, but there has been a lot of outage around it, and the standing ovation underlines the hypocrisy. Smith apologised saying violence is never OK, hence my point. Pathetic joke, pathetic reaction.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Was it staged? Seemed unusual no security were around either after the event to make sure it didn't escalate. Are they following the adage of "any publicity is good publicity"?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Can't wait for the emotional interview with Rock & Smith on a 2 hour Oprah special where they all have a good cry, express how much they were hurt. Jada will make a surprise appearance and share an emotional moment with Rock. Smith will share how proud he is. A ratings hit that will generate big pay days for all the particpants.

Producers will be disappointed that they can't insert a race angle

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can't wait for the emotional interview with Rock & Smith on a 2 hour Oprah special where they all have a good cry, express how much they were hurt. Jada will make a surprise appearance and share an emotional moment with Rock. Smith will share how proud he is. A ratings hit that will generate big pay days for all the particpants.

Producers will be disappointed that they can't insert a race angle
I’ve been listening to Smiths autobiography on Audible over the last week or so, makes himself out to be so righteous and pious. Seems like a bit of a fraud now IMO.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’ve been listening to Smiths autobiography on Audible over the last week or so, makes himself out to be so righteous and pious. Seems like a bit of a fraud now IMO.
Reminds me of the time a few years ago now at the BAFTA’s I think. Russell Crowe physically assaulted a producer because he told Crowe there was no time for him to do a speech he wanted to do. The speech was about what a sensitive and gentle person he (Crowe) was :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
2021 film

1. CODA
2. King Richard
3. West Side Story
4. Tick, Tick...Boom
5. Belfast
6. Drive My Car
7. The Lost Daughter
8. Don't Look Up
9. The Eyes of Tammy Faye
10. Spider-Man: No Way Home

478. The Power of the Dog

*Quo Vadis, Aida would have been number one and The Father would have would have been number two but they were 2020 films.

2021 Docs

1. Making their Mark :love:
2. Flee
3. The Rescue
4. Attica
5. The Facility

A rare event. My fave of the year accords with the Academy's.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's Hollywood isn't it? That's what they all do, pretend to be something or someone.