Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Empire Strikes Back was even better than Star Wars. Return of the Jedi was just average, which makes it 1000 times better than any of the prequels or subsequent sequels. JJ Abrahms and Ryan Whatsit should be fed to the saarlac.

If you were a young boy or girl when they came out they have a special place in your heart. If you're trying to get into them as an adult, you missed the bus.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The Empire Strikes Back was even better than Star Wars. Return of the Jedi was just average, which makes it 1000 times better than any of the prequels or subsequent sequels. JJ Abrahms and Ryan Whatsit should be fed to the saarlac.

If you were a young boy or girl when they came out they have a special place in your heart. If you're trying to get into them as an adult, you missed the bus.
I only have the '77 Star Wars as the best because it was the original idea but no doubt Lucas is a poor director despite his grand vision. Empire was an excellent sequel directed by Kershner.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Having never seen a minute of Star Wars in my life, when I subscribed to Disney for the Beatles I decided to work my way through the entire saga.

I started at the actual start of the story, rather than the release order and am about halfway through and about to start the first 'old' one.

So far it has been unquestionably the most uninteresting time I have ever spent in front of a TV. Doesn't know if it wants to be a kids/family movie or something deeper and ends up being nothing.

It's really just weak trash. I was expecting something much better.
Thanks TBR. Saved me from even bothering to consider whether I should ever watch an episode.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Wt
I only have the '77 Star Wars as the best because it was the original idea but no doubt Lucas is a poor director despite his grand vision. Empire was an excellent sequel directed by Kershner.
Written by Kasdan too i think whoi is a pretty handy screenwriter.

TESB is the pick for me but one or two. He jibbed it after that, the stormtroopers seriously have the worst case of bad-guy-aim in the history of cinema.

Can't understand why they have to recut films to dumb then down like Solo no longer shooting first and taking the guns out of ET.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Enjoyed The Godfather for the first time even though it's half a century old.
Some of the scenes a bit long compared with more recent film making but overall it was still eminently watchable.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Enjoyed The Godfather for the first time even though it's half a century old.
Some of the scenes a bit long compared with more recent film making but overall it was still eminently watchable.
Hey, whatcha gonna do, nice college boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the Family business, huh? Now you wanna gun down a police captain cuz he slapped ya in the face? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing,you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Having never seen a minute of Star Wars in my life, when I subscribed to Disney for the Beatles I decided to work my way through the entire saga.

I started at the actual start of the story, rather than the release order and am about halfway through and about to start the first 'old' one.

So far it has been unquestionably the most uninteresting time I have ever spent in front of a TV. Doesn't know if it wants to be a kids/family movie or something deeper and ends up being nothing.

It's really just weak trash. I was expecting something much better.
They are all average to *smile* except the first 2, so everything you watched was a waste of time. I gave up on them after Ja ja binks, unwatcheabl. TESB far and away the best, Star wars great because it was the first. As spook said, I think the experience of watching it as a kid was a big part of the magic. Even though the first 2 are far and away the best, and I commend the idea of watching it in chrono rather than production order, they will probs be a boring letdown.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw The Batman movie. (spoilers ahead)

Positives first.. it was high on style, looked great visually & the acting was overall good.
Pattinson was as good as anyone in the batsuit. Kravitz pretty good as Catwoman too.

However overall I felt the film wanted to take itself far too seriously.
Was too long, too slow, too dark & too whispery.
Some of the over the top drama had me scratching my head. He wears a batsuit ffs. it's fantasy, not real life & it needed a bit of light relief.
It was soo dark & soo serious whilst trying to push some messages too.

I asked myself at the end of the film if I was entertained & I couldn't say yes.
I really wanted to like this movie. Maybe I'm just bored (too old?) re superhero films but when the credits rolled I just wanted to get the hell out of there.
I couldn't possibly re-watch this ever.

6/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Really liked the new batman, it’s far too long but its dark. It try’s to be different, it’s not trying to be 5% different, its 50%.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
The Empire Strikes Back was even better than Star Wars. Return of the Jedi was just average, which makes it 1000 times better than any of the prequels or subsequent sequels.
Empire my favorite all time movie.

Jedi started off well with Jabba, but once the Ewoks came in then it went downhill.

Best after A New Hope and TESB is Rogue One IMO. Final scene with Vader is epic.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The second Jar Jar Binks appeared on screen, Star Wars jumped the shark

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Will Smith f*kwit confirmed.
I don’t know him personally so I can’t agree or disagree. But good on him, he didn’t appreciate the “ joke” about his wife’s medical condition being publicised for a cheap laugh.
I think it was a f*kwit comment. It deserved the reaction IMO. Well done.

< NRL | Golf >