Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Eva Marie Saint still looking lovely at her age. I recorded North by Northwest on the IQ the other day as I can still remember it (like the back of my hand) but haven't seen it for a while....so.....might as well watch it.
She was in Grand Prix too, that's wasn't a bad flick with James Garner, Yves Montand and even the great Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune(y) Small role to a Brian BEDFord ;)

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
She was in Grand Prix too, that's wasn't a bad flick with James Garner, Yves Montand and even the great Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune(y) Small role to a Brian BEDFord ;)
Saw that years ago and found it boring. Liked her in On the Waterfront as Brando's wife?

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Saw that years ago and found it boring. Liked her in On the Waterfront as Brando's wife?
Yeah Brando's wife in On The Waterfront. Also with Karl Malden, Lee J Cobb, Rod Steiger, Eva Marie Saint and the great director Elia Kazan.
12 nominations that film, won 8 awards, she won Best Supporting Actress.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Brando. Now there was a weird dude.

“The horror….the horror.”
Yeah I luv the dude though, very misunderstood and all the actors loved him, although he got worse and worse as the years went on, kinda like an Elvis did man :confused: Pacino, Sheen, Talia Shire all talk about him on the set like he was so good to them, SHire said he was a generous actor.

The best movie doco ever IMO, probably the picture quality needs to be better from memory, is 'Hearts of Darkness - A Filmmaker's Apocalypse" - filmed by Coppola's wife Eleanor.

Just everything going on trying to get this film done - absolutely riveting, strange, the drug taking, Coppola v Martin Sheen, Coppola v Brando, Coppola v Hopper, Coppola v Everyone, a very young Laurence Fishburne :eyes

Can't believe he turned it into such a great film :LOL:

1678194097758.png

1678194330368.png

1678194400342.png

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw Tár today starring Cate Blanchett & by that I mean starring.
What a brilliant Aussie actor she is. Total chameleon.
Reckon she'll get her third Oscar this week.
The film itself was pretty good too but she holds it together. Not many could play that role with such conviction.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The Strays .. on Netflix .. worth a look ..

has something to say about race and class.. gets weird and intense..

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watched a 2020 film from SBS World Movies with Eddie Izzard and Judi Dench tonight called Six Minutes to Midnight. Really well made.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Bullet Train on Binge, going for the snappy, fast talking dialogue thing which really didn't work. Was moderate to start with but wan out of puff about 90 minutes into it's 2 hr run.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Bullet Train on Binge, going for the snappy, fast talking dialogue thing which really didn't work. Was moderate to start with but wan out of puff about 90 minutes into it's 2 hr run.
I thought it was a terrible wannabee-Tarantino boring film.

Reactions: 2 users

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Brendan Fraser was the only legit win.
Stunned that Cate B lost and Todd Field lost for best director.
Todd played Nick Nightingale in Eyes Wide Shut.
In an interview, Todd said Tom Cruise encouraged him to pursue his career as a director.
Michelle Williams was excellent in The Fabelmans as the manic depressive mother.

Reactions: 1 users