Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Was very meh for me.

It didn’t know whether it wanted to be a horror or a thriller.

And no idea why Ethan Hawke played the role when he hardly showed his face. You could have had anyone play that role.
Terrible movie, not one iota scary or suspenseful, Ethan Hawke can’t act

Reactions: 1 users
Showcase of this years special effects teams up for Oscars. Before & Afters.

That was so cool, thanks for that TOO (y)

I'm going to have to do that 'All Quiet On The Western Front' 2022 version soon, maybe this weekend or next with the other two of the same name from 1930 and 1979.

7 hrs 18 minutes yah need for all three according to their Runtimes :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user
Blast from the past but found myself watching True Lies (1994) on Disney Plus which for some reason I've never seen.

Big Arnie Schwarzenegger and Jaime Lee Curtis are in it and it is without doubt the worst movie I've ever seen. Truly and utterly awful.

Nonsensical plot and weird scene created for no other reason than for JLC to do some pole dancing.

• Haha
Blast from the past but found myself watching True Lies (1994) on Disney Plus which for some reason I've never seen.

Big Arnie Schwarzenegger and Jaime Lee Curtis are in it and it is without doubt the worst movie I've ever seen. Truly and utterly awful.

Nonsensical plot and weird scene created for no other reason than for JLC to do some pole dancing.
Dude it's just a movie, not taken to seriously, it's funny and utterly stupid if you take it as a brainless watch while reading a book or cooking :LOL:

And believe me, I'm good with the brainless watch stuff, there ain't none better man :eyes

Reactions: 2 users

I'm with you man.. watched it at the time and even as a callow youth I remember feeling "this movie sucks ass bigtime". Arnie is Arnie, ok, JLC phones it in, ridiculous caricature Arab baddies with the main one played by a (very good) indian actor, and the ridiculous fighter jet sequence.

Truly awful and not bad in a good way either like, say, Total Recall.

Was it a James Cameron movie? God I hate that guy. Except maybe Terminator 2.

James Cameron movie? God I hate that guy. Except maybe Terminator 2.
Ditto.

A film I revisited recently from the same era that's enjoyable, light-hearted, middlebrow fair is Dave. Once you suspend the disbelief that there could be an ordinary bloke who looks so exactly like the president that the president's own wife can't even tell the difference when he's naked in front of her, the combination of Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver, Charles Grodin, Ben Kingsley, Frank Langella, Ving Rhames and Kevin Dunn (seriously, what a cast), PLUS Lura Linney and Bonnie Hunt in minor roles, and the heart behind it, puts a smile on your face.

Ivan Reitman. I think he's un genius. Fantahztick.

Reactions: 3 users
Ditto.

A film I revisited recently from the same era that's enjoyable, light-hearted, middlebrow fair is Dave. Once you suspend the disbelief that there could be an ordinary bloke who looks so exactly like the president that the president's own wife can't even tell the difference when he's naked in front of her, the combination of Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver, Charles Grodin, Ben Kingsley, Frank Langella, Ving Rhames and Kevin Dunn (seriously, what a cast), PLUS Lura Linney and Bonnie Hunt in minor roles, and the heart behind it, puts a smile on your face.

Ivan Reitman. I think he's un genius. Fantahztick.
The Reitman liked Arnie in his movies as well - Twins, Junior and Kindergarten Cop and Bill Murray - Ghostbusters and Stripes from memory.
Done a heap of other films too he was involved in - Animal House, Meatballs, Legal Eagles, Draft Day, Space Jam.

The Reitman liked Arnie in his movies as well - Twins, Junior and Kindergarten Cop and Bill Murray - Ghostbusters and Stripes from memory.
Done a heap of other films too he was involved in - Animal House, Meatballs, Legal Eagles, Draft Day, Space Jam.
Oh, I know. He's fahntaszick, I think a geenyoos.

Asta la vista, Little Fat Kid.

• Love
  • Haha
Oh, I know. He's fahntaszick, I think a geenyoos.

Asta la vista, Little Fat Kid.
Ohhh man, The Late Show was the funniest. Rob Sitch's Yasser Arafat was insane :ROFLMAO:

One of the other dude's came from behind him as if he was working in a restaurant and started using his headdress to wipe plates clean :LOL::ROFLMAO:

1677754813071.png

Ohhh man, The Late Show was the funniest. Rob Sitch's Yasser Arafat was insane :ROFLMAO:

One of the other dude's came from behind him as if he was working in a restaurant and started using his headdress to wipe plates clean :LOL::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 18272
Yeah, would probably be considered racist now (especially the Desmond Tutu blackface) but was funny as hell. Sitch was the star of that show. Loved Graham and the Colonel, and his Bruce McAvaney impression was brilliant. "I could go on and on...- and I will."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, would probably be considered racist now (especially the Desmond Tutu blackface) but was funny as hell. Sitch was the star of that show. Loved Graham and the Colonel, and his Bruce McAvaney impression was brilliant. "I could go on and on...- and I will."

• Haha
  • Love
Ohhh Bruce man, that was funny, Molloy botching the singers week in week out :ROFLMAO: