Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Chinese/American production 'The Farewell' is a sweet tale.
'John Wick 3' because its like a graphic novel come to life.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
LeeToRainestoRoach, break out of your comfort zone and watch American Factory on Netflix. You'll dig it.

Haven't got into Netflix yet. All my movies are on Blu-Ray, ripped lossless to Plex/Infuse and played back via AppleTV.

Doco sounds like a visualisation of Springsteen's Factory, with extra Chinese soullessness.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The latest Star Wars. Yet another overly long, bloated piece of boring nonsense. Yet it’ll gross $2b. Yay...

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I've been a few times to the flicks recently & the cinemas were just about empty. I don't know how they can continue to make money with the real estate required for these multiplexs.
But they seem to keep building new ones....I have two mega plexes one 5k west, one 5 k east, with a new one 3k north just opened and another one 4K south opening this year 2020.
The only ones I can think of closing were the CBD cinemas of the Hafey /Jewell epoch and of course the drive ins.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Because you went Timmy, despite are reluctance i bet.
I'm in Japan and I actually wanted to see a Japanese movie but they don't have English subtitles so it was either SW or Frozen 2!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Average year for movies but I still watched plenty. Yet to see 1917 (which I expect will surge into my top 10).

1. Parasite

For those who liked Parasite, check out Bong Jooh Ho's other stuff.. one of his earliest and best is Memories of Murder which I've spruiked on here before. Police hunt a serial killer in rural Korea in the 1980s. Also stars Kang-Ho Song, the father in Parasite.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Uncut Gems is relentlessly tense, excellent watch. Sandler way better when not playing an idiot yelling at people. He does do a bit of it but it has depth missing from his stupid movies.

Apollo 11 a great doco on the moon mission, amazing footage.

Toy Story 4 a bit meh for me.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Average year for movies but I still watched plenty. Yet to see 1917 (which I expect will surge into my top 10).

1. Parasite
2. American Factory (doco)
3. JoJo Rabbit
4. Marriage Story
5. For Sama (doco)
6. The Farewell
7. Joker
8. Uncut Gems
9. The Two Popes
10. Honeyland (doco)
11. Knives Out
12. Bombshell.
13. Little Women
14. Once Upon a Time in Tarantino World
15. Ford v Ferrari

57. The Irishman

LeeToRainestoRoach, break out of your comfort zone and watch American Factory on Netflix. You'll dig it.

1917 is great. My second-best for the season.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I've heard that from many who've seen it CC.

Phoenix acted up a Storm but the movie itself was not that hot.

I haven't seen it.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I've heard that from many who've seen it CC.

Phoenix acted up a Storm but the movie itself was not that hot.

I haven't seen it.
Yep bloody good actor, awesome as Johnny Cash .

It’s just slow and bizzare , my son tells me they reckon it’s had more walkouts then any other movie at the theatre

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just went and saw 1917 on the xtreme screen @hoyts. Possibly the best ww1 movie I've ever seen.
The cinematography alone is worth the admission.
Spectacular *****

Btw, didn't know much about the lead actor, George MacKay, so on googling him it turns out he's half australian!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
T2 Trainspotting - wasn’t even aware it was made until seeing it on the shelf. Pretty good as far as sequels go. Has the allure of the four main actors/characters from the original. Meanders a bit in the middle but recovers with a decent finish.

Fans of the original will probably enjoy it. Those who haven’t seen the first one might think WTF?

Last edited:

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Loved a Beautiful day in the Neighborhood - Tom Hanks does a great Job as Fred Rodgers .. Yeah spent a lot of time in the US in the Late 80 s till the early 2010s so yep even though its a show for small kids. I was aware of Fred Rodgers and the Show Mr Rodgers Neighborhood which ran from the late 60s to 2001.. funny they show the old episodes in Botswana at 4pm each day . Its a great film ..not a kids film.. High Drama good story .. Recommended

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Red Dog: True Blue - a prequel rather than a sequel. Kids’ movie really, stereotypical characters and not at all like the original which was quite good. Not sure why this was made. Nice scenery nowhere near enough to carry a film. I’m destined to forget I ever saw this.