• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Movies

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Just went and saw 1917 on the xtreme screen @hoyts. Possibly the best ww1 movie I've ever seen.
The cinematography alone is worth the admission.
Spectacular *****

Btw, didn't know much about the lead actor, George MacKay, so on googling him it turns out he's half australian!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
T2 Trainspotting - wasn’t even aware it was made until seeing it on the shelf. Pretty good as far as sequels go. Has the allure of the four main actors/characters from the original. Meanders a bit in the middle but recovers with a decent finish.

Fans of the original will probably enjoy it. Those who haven’t seen the first one might think WTF?

Last edited:

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Rookie
Sep 8, 2014
Loved a Beautiful day in the Neighborhood - Tom Hanks does a great Job as Fred Rodgers .. Yeah spent a lot of time in the US in the Late 80 s till the early 2010s so yep even though its a show for small kids. I was aware of Fred Rodgers and the Show Mr Rodgers Neighborhood which ran from the late 60s to 2001.. funny they show the old episodes in Botswana at 4pm each day . Its a great film ..not a kids film.. High Drama good story .. Recommended

Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Red Dog: True Blue - a prequel rather than a sequel. Kids’ movie really, stereotypical characters and not at all like the original which was quite good. Not sure why this was made. Nice scenery nowhere near enough to carry a film. I’m destined to forget I ever saw this.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“The Hustle” with Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway. Urrghh. Appalling, how did this get made? Not a laugh in sight.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Bombshell. Wow!

Charlize Theron knocks it out of the park. Lithgow, Robbie and Kidman also strong.

Bloody tough being a woman in the media.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Make take on Joker is you need to be slightly disturbed to get into it.

I thought it was great.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2013
Joker is overcooked, but Phoenix is a super actor.
Watched 'Ad Astra' last night and got bored but it looked good.
Charlize Theron i can watch anytime.

spook

It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue.
Jun 18, 2007
Bombshell's good, The Loudest Voice (Crowe miniseries) is better. More comprehensive, tells the Fox News story as well as the pig of a man story.

I caught up with Rocketman the other night, an exponentially better film than the paint-by-numbers Bohemian Rhapsody. I still can't believe Malik won the Oscar.

Ford v Ferrari is very good, Bale and Damon in top form.

spook

It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue.
Jun 18, 2007
The Lighthouse is a trip. Surreal, psycho-dramatic two-hander starring Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson. Not for everyone.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I took my kids to see the new Jumanji.

Pretty standard fare, but I was shaking my head at a 2 minute sequence talking about a character having his testicles removed.

Never understand why movie makers think they need to put cheap school boy laughs in a family movie. Adds nothing.