MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

You watch Hawkins (inbred) eyes, he sees the GWS player is gunna mark it and then decides “yeah but I’m gunna give him one to go in with anyway, but if I immediately say “sorry” I should escape sanction”

Hawkins does that every time. Crunch "ooopps sorry I didn't mean it"

Yeah right

Reactions: 1 users
Think back to Pickett's suspension earlier in the year. How was that any different to what Hawkins did?
Selwood does exactly what Greene did & nothing to see here.

Did I mention I *smile* hate the Cats?

I would like to know how what Hawkins did and what Pickett was suspended for are inherently different? Both seem very similar from the action to the result to the player (one was front on contact and one from behind. That’s about it). Yet one gets suspended with an appeal thrown out and another gets not even a fine.

This league is demented.

I would like to know how what Hawkins did and what Pickett was suspended for are inherently different? Both seem very similar from the action to the result to the player (one was front on contact and one from behind. That’s about it). Yet one gets suspended with an appeal thrown out and another gets not even a fine.

This league is demented.
They are completely different.

Pickett went to tackle but got him high.

Hawkins took a cheap shot after the guy took a mark

big difference

It seems the only thing that counts is if the player on the receiving end is injured. Intent doesn’t seem to count at all which I disagree with. I am still cranky with the no case to answer for Dangerfield from the GF last year. Looking at the 2 side on photo’s of Selwood and Greene it annoys me that one player got a holiday and the other ‘no case to answer’.

in Green’s case his forearm is basically at heart height. if Dangerfield hadn’t slipped in the tackle it would have got him in the chest. In the Selwood one, Selwood connects with Kelly who is in a far more upright position than Dangerfield was at the point of contact and Selwood forearm is above the shoulder. However because Dangerfield slipped he copped it in the throat and was taken to hospital.

I wonder if the MRP considered that it is Selwood’s normal practice to push up into the tackle with his forearm (sometimes slumping at the knees to help further) to get a free kick. That must therefore be unfair to penalise Joel because that’s how he plays and gets most of his frees. Can’t hold that against him. He is a saint. Scotty has pretty much said so before.

We are probably lucky the MRP didn’t award a free kick to Selwood to be taken in the next final once he is within scoring distance and fined Kelly.

They are completely different.

Pickett went to tackle but got him high.

Hawkins took a cheap shot after the guy took a mark

big difference
Yes and Shovekins got him high, from behind. Even worse, more gutless, just a cowardly cheap-shot. Mark was already completed; ball was not in contest whereas it was for Marlion who was just slightly late.

Reactions: 1 user
Do any bookies offer odds on what action Selwood and Hawkins will commit each week that would get pretty much any other player suspended?

Do any bookies offer odds on what action Selwood and Hawkins will commit each week that would get pretty much any other player suspended?
speculative gambling Brods... bound to be someone that would take the bet..