MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

What did these #$%^ do today to make my life more interesting?
Anything exciting?

Who cares. All of them will be redundant after people just stop turning up to games.
Caro mentioned it on footy Classified the other night, James bond style not to burn the AFL. Great crowd for these times.
When is the media going to grow a pair and admitt why people aren't turning up.
For someone who has defended George for so long you don’t give the impression of being willing to roll over so easily.

This got a one week suspension FFS.
I'll say it again how many would Stack have got for his bump on Viney now?
The game is getting so soft.

borderline- he bumped a guy high who was trying to grab the ball, didnt quite nail his head, but close.

Larkey should have got 3-4 weeks for his weak tunnell on Young earlier. that was a deliberate act with the potential to cause serious harm, but because contact was to the body the penalty is just 1 week- it is a great example of how the grading system fails.

Reactions: 4 users
So we suspend blokes for almost contacting the head now?
He went for a bump on a guy whose head was over the ball and got him high. maybe he meant to just get him on the shoulder and is unlucky, but if i had to guess intent i would say he went to hurt him and got him high.
he is actually getting suspended for his action, rather than getting off because of the result, which is the way it should be. (tho we know there will be a different result next time.)

Right..whatever that means? Slippery slope.
there are many potential "slippery slopes" on the footy field, it is up to the AFL to clearly articulate where the lines are drawn. their inability to do so will undoubtedly lead to frustration though.

i think look at his action- he bumped someone hard whos head was over the ball. he could have done serious damage, and IMO it was a bit of luck he didnt. he didnt try to bump low, he didnt go to tackle then brace at the last moment, the roos didnt duck unnecassarily. Young lined him up stayed upright and bumped hard, and high.

He went for a bump on a guy whose head was over the ball and got him high. maybe he meant to just get him on the shoulder and is unlucky, but if i had to guess intent i would say he went to hurt him and got him high.
he is actually getting suspended for his action, rather than getting off because of the result, which is the way it should be. (tho we know there will be a different result next time.)
His head was not over the ball. He was paddling the ball in front of him. He bumped him through the chest.

Players go to hurt other players all the time. Look at Marlions and Nanks tackling.

His head was not over the ball. He was paddling the ball in front of him. He bumped him through the chest.

Players go to hurt other players all the time. Look at Marlions and Nanks tackling.
his head is over the ball.

1651455544700.png

then contact is made high:
1651455656623.png

Nank and Pickett do tackle to hurt, and Pickett got suspended when he went high last year. if they dont go high though they dont get suspended.

They're gonna challenge the Young one.

Are we sure there's no expenses for us to pay here to the greedy bastards?

Reactions: 1 user
his head is over the ball.

View attachment 15274

then contact is made high:
View attachment 15275

Nank and Pickett do tackle to hurt, and Pickett got suspended when he went high last year. if they dont go high though they dont get suspended.
No its not over the ball. Their heads are at the same level. Over the ball is head down. He's not.

By your logic of penalising the action then all dumping tackles that result in frees should also be suspended as they all have the potential to cause injury.

I think carts nailed your lack of nuance. :))

No its not over the ball. Their heads are at the same level. Over the ball is head down. He's not.

By your logic of penalising the action then all dumping tackles that result in frees should also be suspended as they all have the potential to cause injury.

I think carts nailed your lack of nuance. :))
Nah SirCarter was right when he said you had no idea about football, or whatever the insult was.

look at the pic, the Roo is not standing upright, neck bent and his eyes are looking down. The Bloo crashes high into him.

if dumping tackles result in suspensions then they all should- though the line will be drawn somewhere in the slope depending in the force used.

anyway i reckon we have spent enough time debating a moment in a game between 2 insignificant players playing for 2 insignificant clubs. and we know this MRP decision will have no impact the next time the exact same action happens, they will just spin the wheel and what the wheel says goes.

Nah SirCarter was right when he said you had no idea about football, or whatever the insult was.

look at the pic, the Roo is not standing upright, neck bent and his eyes are looking down. The Bloo crashes high into him.

if dumping tackles result in suspensions then they all should- though the line will be drawn somewhere in the slope depending in the force used.

anyway i reckon we have spent enough time debating a moment in a game between 2 insignificant players playing for 2 insignificant clubs. and we know this MRP decision will have no impact the next time the exact same action happens, they will just spin the wheel and what the wheel says goes.
You keep using the word "high" can you please clarify this for me. If by high you mean above the shoulders i.e head then it is reportable. If high means above the navel and under the chin then I dispute it is reportable. A concern that our amateur umpire also used the same term on the day.

You keep using the word "high" can you please clarify this for me. If by high you mean above the shoulders i.e head then it is reportable. If high means above the navel and under the chin then I dispute it is reportable. A concern that our amateur umpire also used the same term on the day.
Above the shoulders- to my eyes at the least he got him on top of the shoulders, there may have been head contact, but hard to tell.

I reckon Larkey is bloody lucky only getting a week for a deliberate tunnel, “ could” have been an horrendous injury

Reactions: 1 users