MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Probably won't help Broady at the MRP in the face of public opinion & concussion concerns but I was heartened to hear Ross Lyon & Chris Scott say that there's no way he was trying to hurt Parnell deliberately. Basically said that this football action was once lauded but now players are expected to protect the player they are looking to stop with firstly extreme strength & then basically nurse them to the ground.
It's certainly a lot easier said than done what these players are being asked to do. Broad will cop it but in a contact sport built on tackling..sheesh it's complicated.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Marlion would get 4 weeks for that, "Clumsy" Tom won't get cited. If he does he'll be fined $500

That wasn’t even clumsy or an accident - Hawkins wasn’t even in the contest but still went with a deliberate and late hit to the head with an open palm - of cause Weitering had to leave the ground.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
How Hawkins wasn't fined says a lot.
He played like an aged pensioner against Carlton and his frustration showed with the face scrape on Weltering.
That's a fine.
And his faux 'are you alright mate' crud is tiring.

Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Probably won't help Broady at the MRP in the face of public opinion & concussion concerns but I was heartened to hear Ross Lyon & Chris Scott say that there's no way he was trying to hurt Parnell deliberately. Basically said that this football action was once lauded but now players are expected to protect the player they are looking to stop with firstly extreme strength & then basically nurse them to the ground.
It's certainly a lot easier said than done what these players are being asked to do. Broad will cop it but in a contact sport built on tackling..sheesh it's complicated.
I always thought Chris Scott was a smart man.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
How Hawkins wasn't fined says a lot.
He played like an aged pensioner against Carlton and his frustration showed with the face scrape on Weltering.
That's a fine.
And his faux 'are you alright mate' crud is tiring.
He's a *smile*. And when you think about "big" Hawk how many times can you remember him taking a pack mark? Putting himself in a position to get hurt in a pack situation? Jack has done it for a living for years as has Lynch. I think about the likes of Hawkins and Buddy and I cannot remeber either of those gutless snipers ever putting themselves in real harms way, not consistently.

Their go is to whack (at the least try to hurt) defenceless guys playing the ball.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hawkins and Cameron. Cheap shot artists their entire careers. Talk about having a LOT of “clumsy” or “accidental” incidents.

Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
That wasn’t even clumsy or an accident - Hawkins wasn’t even in the contest but still went with a deliberate and late hit to the head with an open palm - of cause Weitering had to leave the ground.

Yeah I know it was deliberate, I was being sarcastic.

Imagine the media frenzy if Tom Lynch did what Hawkins did to Weitering, they're going gang busters at Broady at the moment.

It's quite sickening really.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I reckon Broady's apologies to their coach, the player and Dimma will soften the blow to leave it at 3 or maybe just get 4.

Can't see any valid reason to go above 4, otherwise we appeal.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Broad pled guilty. We want 3, they want 4. OK, either. Just get over and done with.

4 weeks means he'll miss the Anzac Eve game against Boringbourne.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
6:17pm Melb time

Ch 7 says Broady got 4 weeks, AFL website still going around in circles....