Richo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Richo fined $2000 for guesture
2:00:18 PM Wed 6 August, 2003
afl.com.au
Richmond acting captain Matthew Richardson has been fined $2000 by the AFL for making an insulting gesture to a member of the crowd following the round 16 match against Collingwood at the MCG.

AFL Football Operations Manager Andrew Demetriou met with Richardson and Richmond Football Manager Greg Hutchision on Wednesday morning to discuss the events surrounding the gesture.

"I met with Matthew and we talked about the reasons why the AFL believes it is a poor image for the game to have these sorts of incidents occurring," Demetriou said.

"Matthew is a hero to thousands of young fans and he does not condone what he did in the heat of the moment after a difficult night.

"He has apologised for his actions and is extremely remorseful, because Matthew is a player who is exceptionally good for our game with his passion and his commitment to the Richmond cause.

"There were extenuating circumstances on the night, which were detailed in his response, and this lead-up was verified by video evidence provided to us."

Demetriou wrote to Richardson in the week after the match requesting an explanation of the reasons behind what occurred.

Demetriou said Richardson would be fined $2000 and the matter was now considered closed by the AFL

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Never mind Richo.

Just make sure you stick it up them saints on Saturday.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
Richo wouldnt get out of bed for $2000, i doubt he is too worried

I know a lady that would get into bed with him for $2000 ;D