My review of the Tiger 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My review of the Tiger 22

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Whilst I was happy with the win, we beat a team that was absolute rabble on the night and we would have been soundly beaten by any team in the top 8 on that performance. Yes, McGrath, Holland and Krakouer played very well and it was great to see *smile* get a run but in general I thought our disposal was very poor.

Richardson - Improved performance as he was forced to be more involved by being put on the ball but I still think he is a liability on his current form and attitude.

Bowden - Disposal was still poor as usual and always seems to be going for a "Glory Play". Kicked a long on the run goal but that was it as far as I'm concerned.

Krakouer - Played very well. His tackling and second efforts are still some of the best at the club and looked much better when Richo wasn't in the 50. Also could end up forming a very lethal crumbing brigade with Rodan and McGrath.

Fiora - This guy has to learn to stay on his feet. He is all arms and legs and is of no value at ground level. Still looks like a 1 week old foal trying to get his balance.

Nicholls - Too indecisive on the night. Stalled the play and didn't go for first options when he should have.

Rodan - Played well and ran the lines. racked up 23 disposals. Also looked dangerous up forward but sometimes should dispose of the ball a little earlier in his runs for a more effective kick.

King - Not much time on the field and we are all grateful for that. Did do a couple of nice kicks to leading forwards but that was about it.

Tivendale - Ran hard for most of the night but looked to be in more of a tagging role than an attacking role but still performed his job well and kicked a couple of nice goals.

Chaffey - This guy has to get Richmond B&F this year. Another excellent effort in defence and performed well on Johnson for most of the match.

Holland - This guy is a straight shooter which is what we need in the forward line. Played very well and led into space but it will be interesting to see how he performs against a tougher opponents.

McGrath - Fantastic debut. Very light on still but looks like he postions himself well and once he learns to time his leaps a little better.... lookout!

Johnson - Played very well and got plenty of the ball but his disposal let him down a few times but still was one of the best on the night.

Coughlan - A quiet game by his standards but was still in the thick of things for most of the night. He is still learning how to handle being heavily tagged.

Newman - A quiet game but was still solid, ran hard and made very few if any errors.

Ottens - Rucked well but has to get his timing back on his hitouts as he was jumping a little too early. Played well when he was in defence and took some solid defensive contested marks. Will get better with every game.

*smile* - Shows a lot of promise and had a great left foot snap for goal. Just hope Frawley gives him more game time.

Fleming - the usual drovers dog performance and annoyed the crap out of the opposition to put them off their game. He's got plenty of mongrel and I was very happy with the way he performed.

Cameron - Bugger all game time but disposed well when he got the ball. looks like he will be getting limited opportunities for the rest of this season unless we sustain further injuries.

Zantuck - Defended well early and showed courage but the ball seemed to stay away from him for most of the night.

Blumfield - Looked a little lost out there but probably needs a couple of games under his belt after coming back from injury. Did a couple of good shepherds which is promising.

AK - Was his usual solid self and performed well early and racked up a respectable 23 disposals for the match.

DK - Limited game time but did nothing wrong and performed his job when needed. Glad he got through the game unscathed and hope he gets some more time on the field.

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
A very good summary tiga. I was very pleased with Blumfield's game. Showed a bit of quality. A decent pre-season should see him as a trully valuable hhf / midfielder next year. 8)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Well said Tiga, pretty much spot on the mark in all regards. Agree with yeah and and sean abotu Blumfield. Give him a full pre season and watch him kick 40 goals next year. Has genuine footy smarts, which is a rarity down at Richmond.

Its about time Duncan gave it away. His kicking was deplorable and he will be a liability to the side. Can't afford to have uncos in the team. Its all about skill and turnover minimisation. Which means Richo, Duncan, Bowden, Rogers and perhaps even Gaspar have to go IMO.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
YeahNah said:
A very good summary tiga. I was very pleased with Blumfield's game. Showed a bit of quality. A decent pre-season should see him as a trully valuable hhf / midfielder next year. 8)

I am not convinced with Blumfield at all. I thought he was ultra slow last night, which is the last thing that the RFC needs.

We have too many slow moving players already - more McGraths and Rodans are what we need. Quick players able to make something happen with sheer leg speed and class.

I don't think Blumfield has a heart for the jumper yet - just seems to cruise around. I know he will take time to get his form back after injury but that form was left at the Bombers 2 years ago.

Hopefully for us though he lives up to what he is capable of.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Good report Tiga.

Blumfield will be OK. Given that he tore the muscle away from the bone, it is a bonus he is even playing this year.

Give JB the rest of the year to really settle in with his new teammates, a full preseason to get really fit and look out.

I mentioned on a previous thread that JB was only starting to get used to the tigers style of play the week he injured himself. Don't underestimate the effort required to readjust to a new style of play espcially a crap one like ours ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I have total and utter faith In Blumfield. He was starting to get it right just before his injury.

He has the brains and the balls for footy, they only thnig he may lack is the heart and passion for the club (which is understandable), but im sure that will come with time.