Pathetic excuse for a coach! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pathetic excuse for a coach!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
He justified why McGrath hasnt played previously was we just dont like to hand out league games.
Just goes to show you he has absolutely no idea. McGrath should of been playing last season.
He has been handing out league games to duds like Rodgers, King and Nicholls for years.
Wallace or Sheedy would of had McGath and *smile* in the side months ago. Not in meaningless games. Ditto Richo would of been moved out of the goalsquare months ago.
Too little too late you dud Frawley. You really are a *smile* turtle in making changes.
The sooner we get rid of this vermin/loser coach the better we will be.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Why should you hand out league games to guys unworthy at the time. What a crock of *smile* diggler, you gotta earn your spot. Giving games to blokes that dont deserve them is a sure way to lose the faith of the players.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Thats why frauds like Rodgers/King and Biddescombe and co, who have absolutely no future and right to be playing AFL get a game for us week in week out.
McGrath should of been thrown in the deep end last year!
Schulz, at 12th pick in the draft, should of played the majority of games this year.
Thats why we are ordinary. We are coached by a buffoon who doesnt know the meaning of creating opportunity.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
shawry said:
Why should you hand out league games to guys unworthy at the time. What a crock of sh!t diggler, you gotta earn your spot. Giving games to blokes that dont deserve them is a sure way to lose the faith of the players.
shawry you cant see the forest for the trees if duds like biddiscombe king rodgers hilton houlihan etc are more deserving of a go than dragga schulz mcgrath rodan shir ill go heave at least the kids are going to have a red hot go which is more than you could say for the other soft c*#ks why do we keep on playing guys who continually let every body down play the kids we have nothing to lose

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah then yo uplay them too early they dont come up with the good s and become our next duds in all your eyes. What a crock of *smile*, AFL games should not be given away as charity if a bloke doesnt earn it they cannot fully appreciate it and perform at their optimum. Where is the sense of achievement? Besides if they come in underdevleoped they will most likely be out of their depth and could have irrevocable outcomes on their confidence level and belief in their own ability.

The club has gone about them i nthe right way in my opinion.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Yes they have gone about it real well 9 in a row last year 8 in a row this year and like last year win a few meaningless games towards the end of the yaer and be fooled into thinking there ok

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
most clubs seem to be capable of debuting 2 or 3 kids each yr and giving them half decent game time in to the bargain but not the richmond fc all your doing when you blood a kid is give him a taste of the top level and show him the standard required most clubs do this and if a kid shows enough you keep on playing him you have to play em to see what they have got to offer

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Here here laffs. The sooner that hillbilly coach is gone, the better off the club will be.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
McGrath tonight proved once and for all that Fraudly has absolutely no eye for talent. The majority of the supporters have a better eye for talent than him. I nearly had an accident on the way home when I heard Fraudly say "we just don't hand out league games to just anyone", when asked about waiting on McGraths debut. I ask you this Frawely - Does Marty deserve a game now? The only reason McGrath got a game tonight was because (like coughlan and Newman) the season was over and there was overwelming pressure on the dud to do as the supporters were asking and play the young talent. If the season was still in the balance and we had a slim chance of playing finals then Marty would still be in coburg, getting frustrated by seeing rogers run around like a goose.

I don't want to get ahead of myself with Marty because we played the worst team in the comp and he still has to prove himself (remember Murphy kicked 5 on debut). However tonight once and for all confirmed that Fraudly must be removed asap. This season is too much similar to last season and I feel that next season will be the same with that moron at the helm.

Earlier in the season I stated that McGrath has more potential than Krakour and Rodan, and tonight he showed that potential. More potential because he is a harder match for the opposition due to his speed and aerial ability. Hopefully a real coach comes to the party so that he can fully realise his potential. Under a decent coach Mcgrath, rodan and krakour would terrorise the oppostion similar to that of the burgoyne brothers.

The future would be exciting with these kids in the side, with obtaing early draft picks for bowden and richo and most importantly getting rid of Mr potatohead and getting a coach with at least half a brain. Frawely you haven't fooled me and don't you dare take credit by saying it was the right thing to wait on McGraths debut as he hasn't been ready.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
once again the spud bashers cant help themselves.instead of rambling about how mcgrath showed what spud is as a coach by all means dont let the FACTS get in the way of the truth.
fact was mcgrath,s attitude prior to the past 4 weeks was abysmal to say the least and donr comeback with the he should have been selected ahead of so and so because he didnt show much apart from a few glimses of what talent he has.
if thats your basis on selecting youngters then who is the clown hey?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
How about the facts that McGrath has more talent in his little finger than what Rogers, Biddiscombe, King, Houlihan, Pettifer, and Hilton have put together. How about the facts that Coburg are a complete shambles and that McGrath could not have possibly done much with D grade teamates. How about the facts that the abovementioned duds have done much less in Coburg than what has McGrath. How about the fact that these abovementioned duds that Fraudly considers his buddies struggle to get a kick in Coburg let alone setting the world on fire, yet still get regular games. Enough facts for ya.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Of course, you would wonder why McGrath hadn't had a game before but maybe he wasn't simply ready, maybe his attitude wasn't right, maybe he wouldn't have delivered the goods. The thing is he did play last night and did deliver the goods. Let's focus on the future now.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Harry said:
How about the facts that McGrath has more talent in his little finger than what Rogers, Biddiscombe, King, Houlihan, Pettifer, and Hilton have put together. How about the facts that Coburg are a complete shambles and that McGrath could not have possibly done much with D grade teamates. How about the facts that the abovementioned duds have done much less in Coburg than what has McGrath. How about the fact that these abovementioned duds that Fraudly considers his buddies struggle to get a kick in Coburg let alone setting the world on fire, yet still get regular games. Enough facts for ya.
so turning up late for training etc shouldnt go unpunished?
why do you think we selected him this week and not last week?
the quality of the opposition!why dent a kids confidence oh but wait that would be giving credit to spud thats something the likes of you harry and the rest of the spud bashers wouldnt and couldnt be big enough to admit.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Regardless of what mcgrath has or hasnt done this year, on form alone he should of been tried last season.
The facts are our coach is a club legend of the worst performed club in the history of the AFL. Who when Frawley was there, had a history of recruiting rejects with no future. History has repeated. Good riddans Spud.
Youngsters with enthusiasm and spirit should of been played weeks ago.
And also good riddans to Duncan. Hopefully he has played his last game and he is definately keeping a developing youngster out of the side. As usual was bloody awful last night.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If Gary Ablett (Sr) was in our side spud would leave him in the reserves for disciplinary reasons.

And yet he would play Richo and look at him break team rule after team rule all night long and let him continue to get a game. He'd also allow hacks like Rogers and King to get a game just because they rock up for extra training "sessions". ;D

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Diggler, Harry, Laff - you are a breath of fresh air!

Johnson2Richo - I have a feeling you and spud have a thing going on between you. It must be that coz otherwise, how you defend that Potato Head is beyond me!!!

He is 75% of the reason we are a shambles, playing shambles footy with a shambles list. He does not know talent or success - and the McGrath situation is proof when you see that a player like that took 1.5 years to get a senior game................ if we were a finals chance, I guarantee you McGrath would still be at Coburg and Rogers would be getting 119 minutes game time.

I worry about our clubs long term future in being able to simply stay alive in the AFL if Dudley stays at Tigerland beyond this year.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Gotta say you guys are dead on.

Robert Walls actually said during the commentary that this was a 'stroke of genius' play Richo up the ground and bringing McGrath in...
I am nothing short of appalled that anyone in the realm of the AFL community could possibly think this was a stroke of genius. Many, if not all posters on this forum have been screaming that both these things should happen, at least since the slide began, but indeed as early as this time last year. In Richo's case, since 1995 or so. If it comes as a surprise that Richo's abilities will be more useful when he is given the chance to get more possessions, then I think you have to question the ability of that commentator (who has also gone on record as saying that playing Richo up the ground won't work) to do his job. Probably explains why we hired him as coach!

I believe that guys like Frawley, who has played league footy and is now a senior coach, has more footy knowledge than most (all) of us. Why then do we constantly get evidence that this is not the case!
Gotta wonder really...

Anyway- good game by the boys, glad Richo lifted his market value ;D, great debut from Marty- long overdue.

Go Tigers!

hutstar

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
g0tigers said:
shawry said:
Why should you hand out league games to guys unworthy at the time.

Pls Shawry explain to me how the likes of Bidders, Houla, Rogers, King, Pettifer, and Hilton are worthy of Leauge games at all?!?!?!

I cannot answer in regards to King and Biddiscombe, perhaps the best of the bunch at hte time and didnt want to reward mediocrity in others. I guess them having experience won over in the end. I am a firm believer in someone earning a spot and spots should be hard to get. I guess King and Bidders stayed in cozs there was noone better who deserved to come up based on performance.attitude.

Put it this way, McGrat hwas undisicplined and did all the wrong things. Giving him a game is a not a godo example to the other players on teh list as to how to go about getting a game. I agree with the club in not giving games out to bloeks who do the wrong things, i would ratehr see King and Biddiscombe who have actualyl played decent football i nteh seniors in teh past rather than a kid who is not willing ot give his all to make it adn give himself the best shot.