My review of the Tiger 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My review of the Tiger 22

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
OUTSTANDING effort by the Tiges today.
We were hard at it and a few of the so called "passengers" lifted their game dramatically today.
;D ;D ;D ;D
Krakouer had a cracker of a game. picked up more crumbs than a swiffer and kicked superbly. A real attacking weapon that upcoming teams will have to place their key defenders on. :D

Biddiscombe answered most of his critics with a very good display. This guy can kick...and long. One of the reasons why we had the bombers on the back foot.

Chaffey was his usual brilliant self. He would be with out doubt the most consistent player in the tiger team.
Backing into packs and taking the tough grabs his trademark.

Vardy performed very well for his return. Gave us the added height we so desperately needed against the Power. solid job well done.

Johnson was an absolute ball magnet and led the way for the younger blokes. He is really fitting in well and is really enjoying his return to Melbourne. :D

Coughlan with only one less touch than Johnson showed he is one of the top midfielders in the competition on current form. The guy is tough!! Copped a bit of a hammering from the Bombers but he just kept on getting up! His theme song should be tubthumping by chumbawumba. :D

Bowden was a key link player on the day, feeding our forwards and getting the run going. spent more time making others look like stars on the day. He has certainly thrown away his old tag of being a bit of a hog.

Stafford outpointed every other tall man on the field with an excellent display in the centre. Was very mobile and took some great marks.

Flemming whist he didn't get many touches he was pressuring the opposition at every opportunity with some hard running and tough tackling.

Gaspar kept Lloyd to just 8 touches and one goal. He was all over him like a cheap suit! well done Gas!

Hilton did plenty of running but didn't quite have his kicking boots on. Will need to improve a bit if he's going to keep his place when other players are back from injury.

Zantuck had a much improved performance from previous games and showed a real toughness in defence. Excellent effort especially in the first half and he doubled his normal ammount of posessions.

Rodan was on top of everything in the first two quarters but was a little quieter in the second half of the game. A much better effort than last week.

Nicholls looked a little rusty out there. He also looked a little nervous. I think he will improve with more game time.

Newman was down on his posession rate from previous games. I think this was mainly due to other players around him lifting as for most of the game he always seemed to be near the footy. Still a solid effort.

Tivendale was back to form and was a real handfull for the bombers when he was running down the flanks and banging "inside 50's". Great effort.

Rogers had limited gametime and still looks a bit out of touch. Like Hilton, he will need to improve when the others come back if he wants to keep his spot.

Fiora also had limited gametime but did nothing wrong when he was on the field. Is improving from earlier games this season.

Pettifer played pretty well with 17 touches but his disposal was a little bit ordinary. There were glimpses of toughness but will need to see more.

Andy Kellaway was his usual tough dependable self and had a very good game. ran forward with effect and grabbed 17 touches and had a couple of crucial spoils from behind.

Cameron had a solid game without being brilliant.
Still racked up 17 posessions and his experience was invaluable on the day.

Jay *smile* should have been given more gametime especially in the last quarter when the game was just about won. Hope to see more of him in the future.

Nice review Tiga, pretty much mirrors my thoughts on how the boys went. I dont expect the Pettifers, Biddiscombes and the Vardy's to be good every week but it was good to see them repay the club for the faith it has shown in them.

Thanks JohnF. If the guys you mentioned become more consistent it will be good for the club as a whole.
It will be interesting to see if they take the challenge and be consistent performers for the rest of the season.

Pretty spot on there with how I'd assess the players too tiga.
The great thing is to have so many options who'll be fighting for few spots when players start coming back from injury.
That's a luxury we didn't have last year, so it's good players will really have to perform to get a guernsey soon.
I would have been happy if we'd kept our win/loss ratio around 50% ready to really take off when our full team came back.
These wins in the bank are a great bonus seeing we've been missing out top half dozen players.
Keep it coming boys.
Geez I wish it was next Saturday night already, ha.
Bring on the Dees.

tiga said:
Bowden was a key link player on the day, feeding our forwards and getting the run going. spent more time making others look like stars on the day. He has certainly thrown away his old tag of being a bit of a hog.

I agree in many respects tiga, but I can't help but think he's not having the impact on games that he's capable of. He might be doing those things that go unnoticed, but in my view he just doesn't hurt the opposition enough. They've worked him out to the point where his effectiveness is virtually nullified. (Just my personal opinion).

I should just get over it I suppose, but I believe that if he played the game with any sort of authority that he'd be one of the players that could take us to that next level.

Maybe he's playing the way the coaches expect him to play and I should just accept that.

Still, can't help feeling that he's wasting a lot of talent.

Good Point MC, I agree that Joel is capable of far more that what he's producing at the moment. He did have a very good game against the Saints but I have been watching him since he first came onto the scene and he has always had the talent to take him to legend status but doesn't quite know how to take that next step. He seems to slip into a comfort zone from time to time.This is where the coach should step in and really find out what drives him and push him to the next level.