Nagambie youngster boots lazy 30 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nagambie youngster boots lazy 30

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
21 May 2005 Herald Sun
Jordan Chong

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,15352714%255E19897,00.html

IT'S been a pretty big week for Nagambie footballer Jackson Hutton, who kicked a league record 30 goals last week.

The 16-year-old goalkicking machine was unstoppable against Ardmona, having seven by quarter-time and ending the day with the highest individual effort in the Kyabram District Football League. At any level.

He did all this carrying a sore back that he's trying to get right for a tilt at higher-level footy in the coming seasons.

Hutton saw off five hapless opponents, with Ardmona even resorting to double-teaming.

Needless to say, whatever tactics were employed were unsuccessful.

The Lakers defeated the Cats by 299 points: 48.12 (300) to 0.1 (1).

"I think I kicked about 20 to 25 out of the goalsquare. The hardest shot I had was about 40m out directly in front," Hutton said.

"The midfield was just unreal. As soon as the ball came out you started leading because we were just playing that good footy that you knew we were going to get it.

"It's probably never going to happen again so I might as well get the most out of it."

While some AFL stars use self-imposed media bans to avoid talking to reporters, Hunter simply went out bush for a few days to get away from it all.

"I've just got back from a hike (on Thursday) which has been kind of good because on Monday there were just people asking me all the time about it and I got a little bit sick of it," he said.

"Luckily enough, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday I was away with the school and got away from it a bit.

"On Monday there were a lot of questions (and) I'm still getting asked questions now."

But as news of his remarkable achievement filtered out, Hutton has appreciated the many words of congratulations people have sent in.

He was asked to play seniors earlier in the year, but decided to stay at under-18 level to develop his game and look after a sore back which has bothered him for the past couple of years.

"I prefer that it's a bit less aggressive in the thirds so I just want to get my back right and hopefully next year and the year after step up and play senior footy," he said.

"Of course after Saturday my goals have risen a little bit because I know what I'm able to achieve."

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
Phantom said:

is he playing with the bushies phants?

No, apparently it is U17 football in the KDFL. From what I can gather young Jason Hutton is used to kicking big bags of goals, and regularly kicks over 10. He is currently leading the U17 goalkicking.

Most of us know that country games can often be extremely one sided.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Phantom said:
No, apparently it is U17 football in the KDFL. From what I can gather young Jason Hutton is used to kicking big bags of goals, and regularly kicks over 10. He is currently leading the U17 goalkicking.

Most of us know that country games can often be extremely one sided.
Agreed Phanto.While it was a fine effort by the kid you would agree that if he kicked a bag in the GVFL it would be more creditable.
The KDFL like most 2nd string country comps rely on those who dont make it in the GVFL and other major legues in all age groups.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
I'll have a look at TOO when I get home from the footy tonight.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
New York Tiger said:
Phanto - it was a joke in relation to the Father/son rule...

No worries.
There was a Cliff Hutton that played with the Tiges in 1913. He came from Northcote, via Fitzroy.