Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Thought he was well beaten by Cameron. And basically ineffective.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I've always had huge reservations about Nakas never been his number 1 fan but tonight he was awful.
Luke Hodge was losing his nut. He was rucking against Penderbury & McStay and we weren't even get our hands on it.
We haven't developed our ruckman since Mark Lee and as soon as we do we trade him to Geelong.
The list of Ruckman from other clubs is mind blowing.
Simon Clark
Strawbs ODwyer
Greg Dear
Justin Charles
Troy Simmonds
Greg Stafford
Tristan Cartridge
Trent Knobe
Paul Marsh
Ivan Maric

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
He has been poor ever since he became captain. Prior to that he was a bit average but at least took marks around the ground. Now he rarely marks the ball and never hits to our advantage. I would prefer us to play Miller in his role.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
He has been poor ever since he became captain. Prior to that he was a bit average but at least took marks around the ground. Now he rarely marks the ball and never hits to our advantage. I would prefer us to play Miller in his role.
Is Soldo injured again?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Some harsh critics of Nank here. Round 1 he had a poor first half but was very good in the second where he was instrumental in getting us back in the game.

Last week he was dominate..

Last night he still ended up with 20 touches and effectively was playing like a midfielder.

Our midfield set up was the issue last night. I lost count on how many times that got an easy exit out of the centre. Our midfield was also getting sucked into the contest allowing them to have one spare out the back which allowed them easy exits.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Some harsh critics of Nank here. Round 1 he had a poor first half but was very good in the second where he was instrumental in getting us back in the game.

Last week he was dominate..

Last night he still ended up with 20 touches and effectively was playing like a midfielder.

Our midfield set up was the issue last night. I lost count on how many times that got an easy exit out of the centre. Our midfield was also getting sucked into the contest allowing them to have one spare out the back which allowed them easy exits.

I was going to post the same on the Speed thread SA.

Our set up at the stoppages was terrible last night., we had the balance wrong. As soon as the ball got to the outside the Pies were dominant, which ironically was our strength but with the departure of Lambert and Edwards we now have an issue.

t meant that we looked slow as well as they were able to explode from the stoppage and get the ball behind our defenders, which makes life for them very difficult.

Its our main issue at the moment, and I suspect if we can't fix it we may be a middling side. If we sort it out though, I suspect we will be very difficult to beat.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That's the criticism he's copping through the media and I agree.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
You could have Weightman, Coughlan, Free, Martin, Maxfield & Knights in the middle, Nakas wouldn't get the ball to them. His taps are useless. We need ruckman badly

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
A LOT of his taps end up in the hands of opposition -

is that a directional fault of his? or positioning / reaction of our ball gatherers?

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Not taking many marks in D50 this year either . Not covering the ground and rarely goes forward to kick a goal . Struggling

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
We need to provide best available support for Nank
Miller or Delilah must play We can’t have Nank & Marlion rucking games as teams have all gone tall
Nank is only 28 if he doesn’t get support he’ll end up like Maric not able to jump or have any influence around the ground

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Not taking many marks in D50 this year either . Not covering the ground and rarely goes forward to kick a goal . Struggling
Agree - can’t get to defensive contests - is really labouring around the ground.

English also became like a fourth midfielder at centre clearance last night - that’s how rucks are going & we’re being left behind.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Averaging a career high in HOs & clearances. I don't think Nank is the issue. The mids around him are.
He is useless in the ruck.
You couldve said that last year we were paper thin at the centre with only Prestia but what's the excuse this year??
He hits to no one. We need a bloke that hits to advantage not to our feet.
Hardwick needs to try Miller or Biggie.
English won't touch the ball next week.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Samson is a better tap ruckman than Nank .
I reckon Nank is feeling five years of rucking 85% of games for the past five years.
He will go the same way as Ivan if we don’t get him help.