Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

When he is tapping the ball he seems to have no awareness where our players are. He just hits it forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Averaging a career high in HOs & clearances. I don't think Nank is the issue. The mids around him are.
hence my question above ToO : is that a directional fault of his? or positioning / reaction of our ball gatherers?

Channel 9 showed 6 centre bounces, he can't jump and if he gets a tap it has no direction.
Footscary killed us in the centre. The most embarrassing one was the last one when Bompmytelly wins it without any pressure and gets it to McCrae

Where's soldo? Hawkins has destroyed his career in the same vein Geoff Miles ended Michael Pickering's career

Reactions: 1 users
hence my question above ToO : is that a directional fault of his? or positioning / reaction of our ball gatherers?
If anything where he's struggling most atm is below his knees & pace around the ground. The wet conditions are making him look pretty slow.

Along with Nank, a few of our mids are a step too slow around the clearances atm. Positioning at the fall of the ball not great.

Reactions: 3 users

I'd say all of the above.

Channel 9 showed 6 centre bounces, he can't jump and if he gets a tap it has no direction.
Footscary killed us in the centre. The most embarrassing one was the last one when Bompmytelly wins it without any pressure and gets it to McCrae

Therein lies a really big issue. How come the Bont can read the ruck contest such that he concludes Nank will get the hitout and where the hitout will go and be in the perfect spot to grab the ball without pressure, and Nank's team mates, who play with him every week, appear to have no idea where the ruck tap is about to go? Maybe other teams let Nank have the hitout because they know where it will go, but how come we don't know where it will go?

DS

Reactions: 3 users
He’s being managed during the week atm which essentially means no training and this morning was sent for scans.
It’s officially now a tall player farce

Pardon my intrusion here but was not the inclusion of Taranto and Hopper supposed to be our holy grail to the flag this year?Nanks is a gladiator.but never has been a tap ruckman.Seems to me some midfielders need to actually get possessions in the midfield and not just easy stuff on the periphery.

Reactions: 2 users
Surgery on foot. Syndesmosis. Out for medium term.

Whole club has been falling apart on the injury front since October.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
This is worse than 2021. Miller has to come in and ruck with Samson now.
So much for all those people over the pre season saying our injury rate wasn’t anything to worry about, we’ll be fine when the season gets going etc etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Surgery on foot. Syndesmosis. Out for medium term.

Whole club has been falling apart on the injury front since October.
This doesn’t feel like purely an age issue, it feels like a management of our entire squad issue.

Reactions: 6 users