Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Didnt look great , cant complain too much with 3 I guess

Reactions: 2 users
can't argue with 3. That's what it was, but was expecting to get 4 or 5 with the Richmond tax.

I’m glad some of our supporters weren’t representing the AFL tribunal.
Stupid, cheap shot, gutless instead of late and careless and probably would have got 8 weeks
Sure. I don't mince words on here, doesn't mean I wanted him to go down. What I want is for him to use his brain and understand that the penalty isn't worth it if he doesn't time his bump perfectly. Nank always plays "clumsy". Likes to drop his full body weight if he "falls" on top of a player. Puts a bit of extra mayo in his tackles. Loves to make sure the players he tackles remember it. Always pushes himself up by pushing the player below him down into the turf. All good, IMO. Doesn't mean I've got blinkers on.

I can both call out that it was stupid and gutless, and still want him to get off.

ted-lasso-season-2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Do have to laugh at Longmire in favour of a send off rule now that it’s happened to one of his own, when previously he was against it.

I’ve only seen the incident twice , however to me it’s something Nank dies all the time , kind of a modern way of making them earn it , however normally it’s shoulder to shoulder , he definitely tried to get low and there’d be no way he tried to get his mate in the head . So imho the suspension is probably right as we try and avoid head high contact and concussions, probably would have rathered seen this “ accident” a 2 weeker , however understand it been 3 , now we just need some consistency

Kane Cornes was saying on Sunday footy show that Nank didn’t show enough remorse, well now we know he did.
And I agree what has that got to do with the length of penalty!
In fairness to Cornes, most clubs make a big deal of any apologies, making sure the world knows how contrite they want to look We prefer to do it genuinely, and he, and others, will never understand why.

No surprise to me he got 3.

Appeal?

If we do and lose does the AFL Appeals Board have scope to increase the penalty.?

Can’t remember what the rules are here.

Have we heard from the RFC?
I’ve only seen the incident twice , however to me it’s something Nank dies all the time , kind of a modern way of making them earn it , however normally it’s shoulder to shoulder , he definitely tried to get low and there’d be no way he tried to get his mate in the head . So imho the suspension is probably right as we try and avoid head high contact and concussions, probably would have rathered seen this “ accident” a 2 weeker , however understand it been 3 , now we just need some consistency
which we won’t get!

Reactions: 1 user
In fairness to Cornes, most clubs make a big deal of any apologies, making sure the world knows how contrite they want to look We prefer to do it genuinely, and he, and others, will never understand why.
Doing it both at the time, after the game and afterwards with a follow up call saved Nankervis a week on top of the 3.

Still wouldn’t have made sense to me.

That’s according to the Panel of Judges.

Last edited:
Doing it both at the time, after the game and afterwards with a follow up call saved Nankervis a week on top of the 3.

Still wouldn’t have made sense to me.

That’s according to the Panel of Jusges.
I guess if someone does show genuine remorse for an action it suggests it wasnt a premediated, deliberate act.
Of course now everyone guilty of a high hit shows "genuine remorse" but who knows how many of them are actually genuine.

3 weeks is reasonable given the context of the way they are penalising bumps which hit the head.

I still think the AFL is making a meal of this. They need to send a clear signal of what is acceptable. Bump and hit the head with no concussion and it is a minimal penalty, with concussion at least 3 weeks. If the head is to be protected, and especially given we understand so little about why some bumps to the head cause concussion while others don't, any bump to the head should be 3 weeks.

The ones where the player jumps up and uses the forearm or elbow should get 4 weeks minimum in this scenario. Nank clearly tried to get low, he pays for not getting that right. De Goey and Pickett both went high and that should attract a bigger penalty.

And, all of this needs to be made clear and public, but we all know the AFL is allergic to transparency so that won't happen.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Reckon Toby gets marked a bit hard.

2023 Ruck stats.................just saying.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I've always said Nank is neither cooked nor a liability in any sense - he also adds a lot more when the ball hits the ground than most rucks. Can he go round again next year as our primary ruck? I say hell yeah

I've always said Nank is neither cooked nor a liability in any sense - he also adds a lot more when the ball hits the ground than most rucks. Can he go round again next year as our primary ruck? I say hell yeah
he is terrific around the ground, maybe, less centre bounce and more around the ground. I seem to recall a game, where Ryan took the centre bounce and Nank did most of the ground grunt. Very effective.

he is terrific around the ground, maybe, less centre bounce and more around the ground. I seem to recall a game, where Ryan took the centre bounce and Nank did most of the ground grunt. Very effective.
That’s what I saw too!

If Soldo wants to leave then these 2 are our only combination going forward.

Miller= get some more fire in your belly !

We would have to recruit another from somewhere else for back up to the back up.

I would prefer the club play Miller as a back ( not pinch hit everywhere). Give him a defined role. This will help him and his game.

We all know how well Nanks contributes all around the ground but his prime job is rucking and far too often last season he was monstered by what on paper is an inferior ruck. If we continue to play him and he deserves his spot for his all round game, then we need a strong main ruck. From last season Ryan hasn't yet attained the strength to do that job consistently so it makes it all the more important we keep Soldo who may have some limitations but is harder to shove out of the ruck and as a plus he is not a bad resting forward

In fairness Nank’s form in the back half of the season was pretty good.

Still reckon he’s too small to battle the monster rucks clubs are rolling out these days.

I reckon Yze will play all three of Soldo, Nank and Ryan with Miller to step in if any of those three stink it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations on being appointed again as captain. I like the fact it’s a sole captains role this time.

Reactions: 3 users