Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reactions: 2 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Glad to have a sole captain again, even if I am not overly enthused with the choice

You’d reckon Yze would’ve been at pains to nut out the dynamics of the group and not just said “yeah whoever lads” so i respect the process

Romantic in me would’ve loved Dusty to take the leap of faith but maybe it’s a bridge too far for him.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Glad to have a sole captain again, even if I am not overly enthused with the choice

You’d reckon Yze would’ve been at pains to nut out the dynamics of the group and not just said “yeah whoever lads” so i respect the process

Romantic in me would’ve loved Dusty to take the leap of faith but maybe it’s a bridge too far for him.
I also think someone like Naismith getting the #24 was purposefully done to stay near Nank at the lockers for chat and advice stuff.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Confident media performer now, Nankenstein!
Is this the same guy that was avoiding the Bristle?

Reactions: 1 user

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
I like the solo Captain also.

(what was Beavis thinking?)

Just hope The Nankenstein provides leadership/hardness in the correct way.
Not what he did v Syd A Knee with the Lloyydd hit.
And the 3 week suspension.

We need you on the ground.
Just play it smart, big Fella.
Beavis... two wives.... two captains. Both failed

Feb 25, 2007
I know we all have our own thoughts on who should be captain.

But this quote by the big man just about says it all.

Anyways, all the best Nank in 2024

IMG_0910.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
To avoid starting a new thread, I'll put this here...

Who is our Vice captain and who is in the leadership group?

I don't recall seeing the club release anything on these roles.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Keep of the beach Nank, sand and Plantar Facsia go hand in hand.

"Richmond captain Toby Nankervis has revealed he is battling the troublesome plantar fasciitis as he pushes to be ready for an Opening Round clash against Damien Hardwick’s Gold Coast.
Nankervis will be put through his paces in a gruelling training session ahead of the Tigers’ Charity Shield clash against Collingwood on Tuesday instead of taking on the reigning premiers.
Nankervis has been reported to have battled a foot injury over summer. On Monday he told this masthead the issue was with his plantar fascia, a painful inflammation to the band of tissue running along the sole of the foot.
While it can resolve itself, other players have needed surgery for an issue that can linger for much of the season.
But while it has flared in recent weeks, Nankervis believes he can still make a run to play the Suns on March 9.

“It’s the plantar fascia, but I have managed it pretty well over the pre-season. I feel in a really good spot with it now and it’s getting a bit better every session. I have just managed that in the last couple of weeks and I have been a bit slower, but it’s a big session tomorrow and hopefully I can pull-up all right. I won’t play tomorrow night, but hopefully I get through training tomorrow and see how it pulls up.”

Ex-Sydney ruckman Sam Naismith seems certain to make his club debut after an excellent summer, with the club able to cover the loss of Ivan Soldo after he was traded to Port Adelaide.

“He (Naismith) has had a great summer, as well as Samson Ryan. I feel like we are in a good spot in that area of the ground,” he said.

“Sam has been awesome and he’s a great character and person as well. He’s been around footy clubs for a long time and he’s also added a lot to our culture.

“Dion (Prestia, hamstring) might be a chance to play tomorrow. We are pretty fit. Lynchy (Tom Lynch) is the other one. I am sure he will play early parts of the season and he looks incredibly fit, so I can’t wait.”

Meanwhile, proud Tasmanian Nankervis threw his weight behind the push for a new Macquarie Point stadium in Hobart. The North Launceston product said the AFL club could be a destination for AFL players but needed a state-of-the-art stadium.

It is massive,” he said of the push for a new stadium.

“It has to be in the right spot, it has to be big enough to get as many people as they can there, so it’s absolutely paramount to get that right.

“I am a little bit biased, but it’s a great place Tasmania, and Hobart has added so much in recent years. It’s a great place and it’s getting bigger and better. It would be a really good place for an AFL team and I think it would be a destination where players want to go.”

YeOldeTiger

Tiger Rookie
May 25, 2020
Far Side of the Moon
Keep of the beach Nank, sand and Plantar Facsia go hand in hand.

"Richmond captain Toby Nankervis has revealed he is battling the troublesome plantar fasciitis as he pushes to be ready for an Opening Round clash against Damien Hardwick’s Gold Coast.
Nankervis will be put through his paces in a gruelling training session ahead of the Tigers’ Charity Shield clash against Collingwood on Tuesday instead of taking on the reigning premiers.
Nankervis has been reported to have battled a foot injury over summer. On Monday he told this masthead the issue was with his plantar fascia, a painful inflammation to the band of tissue running along the sole of the foot.
While it can resolve itself, other players have needed surgery for an issue that can linger for much of the season.
But while it has flared in recent weeks, Nankervis believes he can still make a run to play the Suns on March 9.

“It’s the plantar fascia, but I have managed it pretty well over the pre-season. I feel in a really good spot with it now and it’s getting a bit better every session. I have just managed that in the last couple of weeks and I have been a bit slower, but it’s a big session tomorrow and hopefully I can pull-up all right. I won’t play tomorrow night, but hopefully I get through training tomorrow and see how it pulls up.”

Ex-Sydney ruckman Sam Naismith seems certain to make his club debut after an excellent summer, with the club able to cover the loss of Ivan Soldo after he was traded to Port Adelaide.

“He (Naismith) has had a great summer, as well as Samson Ryan. I feel like we are in a good spot in that area of the ground,” he said.

“Sam has been awesome and he’s a great character and person as well. He’s been around footy clubs for a long time and he’s also added a lot to our culture.

“Dion (Prestia, hamstring) might be a chance to play tomorrow. We are pretty fit. Lynchy (Tom Lynch) is the other one. I am sure he will play early parts of the season and he looks incredibly fit, so I can’t wait.”

Meanwhile, proud Tasmanian Nankervis threw his weight behind the push for a new Macquarie Point stadium in Hobart. The North Launceston product said the AFL club could be a destination for AFL players but needed a state-of-the-art stadium.

It is massive,” he said of the push for a new stadium.

“It has to be in the right spot, it has to be big enough to get as many people as they can there, so it’s absolutely paramount to get that right.

“I am a little bit biased, but it’s a great place Tasmania, and Hobart has added so much in recent years. It’s a great place and it’s getting bigger and better. It would be a really good place for an AFL team and I think it would be a destination where players want to go.”

The dreaded PF uck !

Reactions: 2 users