Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

No 4 said:
Nan & Hammer can take marks and ruck, that's a big improvement compared to Hammer and Vicks combination.

Nan has showed he will be good around the centre, body, getting hands on the ball.

switching from ruck to forward with Griffiths will be a big bonus.

It also means we have 3 types of ruckman in the side. that will be hard to match.
It's one too many ruckmen.

In: Nackers
Out: Hammer

After Round 7 when we're 2-5 :help

Midsy said:
Great midfielders look after themselves.

Selwood, Hodge, Fyfe, et al would be laughing at Cotch needing protection from the big, scary ruckman.

Agree. What is he? Chimp the Wimp?

Great ruckmen - *smile*, decent ruckmen - look after midfielders, especially those who are relentlessly targeted like Chimp is.

Nank the Tank

FrankTheTank.jpg

Was speaking to a guy yesterday that coached Nankervis in his junior days. Said he is a great get for us. Hard at it player who is not afraid to put his body into a contest. Said he has always been a hard nut and is skilful and that he will add some mongrel to our side. Sounds promising.

tigerlee said:
Was speaking to a guy yesterday that coached Nankervis in his junior days. Said he is a great get for us. Hard at it player who is not afraid to put his body into a contest. Said he has always been a hard nut and is skilful and that he will add some mongrel to our side. Sounds promising.

Mongrel in our side is exactly what we need. And I think Prestia and Caddy also bring that to the team as well.

Protection for our mids like Mummy does and Maric did. Something Hammer does not do. Hoping he pushes him out of the side and makes the position his own.

Rancey18 said:
Protection for our mids like Mummy does and Maric did. Sometimes Hammer does not do. Hoping he pushes him out of the side and makes the position his own.

Correction - Hammer never does. The sooner that buffoon is out of the team, the better for all of us.

Columbo said:
Correction - Hammer never does. The sooner that buffoon is out of the team, the better for all of us.
That was meant to say 'something' rather than 'sometimes' - have edited.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Hopefully he's Mumford 2.0.

Or at the very least, a poor mans Mumford.

He was saying he could be better than mummy - he is more agile and the term he used was 'feral'. He will look after our mids by what he was saying and will fight for the ball.

I like this signing goes ok as a forward as well G Denham said he will be better than Hammer .

Tigermad2005 said:
Only 199cm.

You don't hit the ball with your head.

The only relevant height measurement for a ruckman is the reach of their hands, that is what counts on getting first contact with the ball.