Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Hammer will still be first ruck.
Nank will play Vickery role (but with effort and heart)

That's a radical notion. Why do you think that?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I just want aggro to protect the little blokes in the centre. Cotchy deserves to be given an even run at the ball without being physically intimidated by opposing rucks who go into packs and fight.

... like Hampson has never done

and like Vickery never did

and like Maric last did consistently in 2014.

We just might see Cotchy return to Brownlow form with this bloke looking after him. This is an astute signing.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
achillesjones said:
I just want aggro to protect the little blokes in the centre. Cotchy deserves to be given an even run at the ball without being physically intimidated by opposing rucks who go into packs and fight.

Great midfielders look after themselves.

Selwood, Hodge, Fyfe, et al would be laughing at Cotch needing protection from the big, scary ruckman.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He looks like Derrickx

Did Sydney do a 'fine cotton' deal put Derrickx in a different jumper

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Delighted with this - I would genuinely say that this is just about the best value trade of the period so far, slightly above Tom Mitchell (Sam Mitchell I discount as he's 34). Four years development at the team with probably the best football department in the AFL and we got him for the kind of pick we usually use on the likes of Matt McDonagh or Matt Arnott.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Midsy said:
Great midfielders look after themselves.

Selwood, Hodge, Fyfe, et al would be laughing at Cotch needing protection from the big, scary ruckman.

Okay so you reckon Maric's aggression had nothing to do with Cotchin's 'Brownlow' year?

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
achillesjones said:
Okay so you reckon Maric's aggression had nothing to do with Cotchin's 'Brownlow' year?

No. I believe it had to do with Cotchin being fully fit, and unhindered by the captaincy and a *smile* Hardwick game plan.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Bloody great to have another Tasmanian big man in the ranks - From the North no less.

Go Nank!!!!!

BTW Toby's arse is so big when he sits down he gets taller.

Beautiful!!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Leysy Days said:
Bloody great to have another Tasmanian big man in the ranks - From the North no less.

Go Nank!!!!!

Beautiful!!

Just a touch concerned by what LazyDazy looks at in evaluating players!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
tigersnake said:
for the price, and considering our ruck stocks, I'm rapt to have him. Really happy with his aggression, seems like a bit of a lumberer though, we'll see.

Of course time will tell on this selection. Like you, Snakey, there are some things to like and be enthusiastic about the recruitment of Nankervis, but I also see a player who while giving his all (which is great) yet may not have the sufficient skill set to be an out-and-out dominating ruckman.
Anyway, something to get a little excited about over the pre-season, because the idea of Hampson facing-up to the first centre bounce next year doesn't inspire or fill me with confidence.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Leysy Days said:

Go Nank!!!!!

Beautiful!!

He is a unit indeed. Very Mummy like.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Finally a good, assertive trade.

Well played.

The brief is for more muscle in the square, no doubt.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Midsy said:
No. I believe it had to do with Cotchin being fully fit, and unhindered by the captaincy and a *smile* Hardwick game plan.
Ummmmm..... I would have thought it was a Hardwick game plan given he was the senior coach that year?? :headscratch

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Tigers of Old said:
I was impressed by what I saw of him late in the season. Hopefully it works out.
Pleasing pickup on the face of it.

Very nice game in the SF win against Adelaide. Instrumental in a few key contests early.

Might have done better than Tippet on GF day.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
2016 Season
1 Senior emergency.
2 NEAFL Rucked well against Lions tall duo and was dangerous when pushing forward. -
3 NEAFL Alternated between ruck and attack. Didn’t kick a goal but drove the ball forward well. -
4 Adel Laid nine tackles and supported Tippett in ruck with eight hit-outs. 5
5 NEAFL Plenty of ball for a ruckman and had 32 hitouts in battle with Thurlow. -
6 NEAFL Competed hard and cleared paths for midfielders to run through. -
7 NEAFL OK around the ground in ruck tandem. 16 touches, six marks. -
8 NEAFL Dominant in attack with six goals from 18 touches, 10 marks. -
9 NEAFL Bye. -
10 NEAFL Moved around well and showed good nous as a ruck/forward. 10 hit-outs too. -
11 NEAFL Kicked three goals playing mostly forward then did some ruckwork – 14 hit-outs. -
12 Senior emergency.
13 Melb Started forward then into ruck. Relished heavy going at times as he’s a lumberer. 4
15 WB Big fellow prepared to get his hands dirty as No.2 ruckman. 3
16 NEAFL Got the better of ruck duel with Dowdell and pressed forward for two goals. -
17 NEAFL Impressive in the ruck (39 hit-outs) and impacted the scoreboard with 3.0. -
18 NEAFL Good, all-round performance in the ruck – 21 hit-outs, six tackles and five inside-50s. -
19 Frem Didn’t do a lot. 3
20 Port Provided handy ruck support and got hands dirty at ground level. OK. 5
21 StK Kept trying against Hickey in the ruck and got on top when Hickey was hurt. 6
22 NEAFL Rucked well with 33 hit-outs and won a lot of ball (19 disposals). -
23 Senior emergency.
QF Rested.
SF Adel Began in attack and had some important early contests then had stints in ruck. 5
PF -
GF Senior emergency.