Nathan Ablett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Ablett

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Yes,
In the last few rounds he seems to have disappeared.
Just going through each of the TXU rounds.

1 - Bye
2 - 1 goal, not in best.
3 - 2 goals, not in best.
4 - 1 goal, not in best.
5 - not mentioned
6 - same
7 - same

I looked up the GFC website and they havent mentioned any injuries to him.

I'll look tomorrow to see if he's selected in the Geelong TXU side.

newyorktiger

Last Year
Thanx Phantom,

Big things were expected of hm (especially by the catters)... Goals don't always give a good impression with how he's performed.. For eg maybe they are playing him at CHB.

I was hoping to find out how the guy was developing..

NYT

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Hi NYT,

NAblett was named in a FP in Geelong's TXU side this morning.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
New York Tiger said:
Is anybody able to tell me how Nathan Ablett is going so far..

I heard a Geelong player (Corey?) interviewed on 3LO this arvo and he said Nathan has been injured but should be right now. He said he's done some good things and turned a match around in a 10 minute spree He didn't sound like he's nearly ready for seniors and mentioned he has to decide he wants to be part of the GFC.

vintagetiges

Tiger Cub
May 23, 2005
Nathan ablett is a huge kid. If all the scribes are in fact correct, Geelong could have a potential superstar of its hands. The only thing that will stop this kid from going ahead in leaps and bounds, is his laconic lazy nature which has been mentioned in a few VFL articles.

RICHO_12

Tiger Superstar
Jul 1, 2004
How can the bloke not wanna play AFL?
Especially at a club where your old man was the greatest player ever? ANd you grew up supporting?????

N. ABlett is like Jesus at the GFC. He is the Son of GOD!!!
He can do what ever he wants. From most preseason reports he was nearly gonna be in selection in Rd 1 and there was all this talk to have the no. 1000 printed on his gurnsey!

He needs Julie "The Bull" Cloke in his corner to be asking for that same 3 year $250,000 p.a. contract Travis is on!!!! Heck after one of those contracts he can buy a SHACK in Torquay somewhere and live happily ever after!!!

How many people would rather become a Sparky or a Chippy than play footy and get payed????

Oh has anyone ever seen Mrs Gary Ablett Snr? Its like the ABlett boys are of the Immaculate conseption and fell from the sky.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Result of game than NAblett should have played in.

BOX HILL 6.3 13.9 19.14 21.20 (146)
GEELONG 3.2 4.3 7.7 10.8 (68)
Goals:
Box Hill: Holland 5 Harvey 3 Little 2 Miller 2 Alleway 2 Murphy 2 Howat Sewell Height Lonie Jansen.
Geelong: Buckland 2 Spencer 2 Garth 2 Cook Chambers Koulouriotis Batchelor.
Best:
Box Hill: Sewell Lonie Holland Nixon Millwood.
Geelong: Spencer Egan Byrne Prismall Callan Chambers.
Reports: Nil. At Box Hill.

Again, not mentioned in goals or best.

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
Just been speaking to a staunch cats fan who went to the game yesterday. He doesn't seem too enthusiastic about Ablett. Simply doesn't apply himself and didn't fire a shot yesterday. My mate said the only good thing to come out of yesterday was winning a $1000 running machine from a $2 raffle ticket. :)
Geelongs ressies are pretty poor from all accounts - wonder how ths is going to bode for them over the next few seasons.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
paper tiger said:
Geelongs ressies are pretty poor from all accounts - wonder how ths is going to bode for them over the next few seasons.

They still seem to be doing well out of the draft.

Jamie Bartel & Shannon Byrnes are 2 very good pickups over the last 2-3 years from the Geelong Falcons. And Tom Lonergan came out of the Calder Cannons about 2-3 years ago.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
MurrayValleyTiger said:
Phantom,

Shannon BYRNES came off the rookie list originally from Murray Bushrangers via Shepparton FC

You maybe right. I think out of the 2002 U18 season. I've got to stop relying on my memory and look things up. Damned creeping senility!

newyorktiger

Last Year
Thanx everyone for your help - from what I read above - N Ablett may disappear from the radar at the EOY... Maybe too early to call iff dcoming back from injury

Let's hope he decides to apply the tools and abilities offered.

This is one Tiger hoping he succeeds..

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Can't remember where I heard it, but remember a few weeks ago that Dunn (Melbourne draft pick) had given Ablett a flogging. So I guess that must be back when Sandringham played Geelong, whenever.